It’s grilling season and you’re going to want to rub this homemade Caribbean Rub on all the chicken and all the shrimp! Homemade BBQ blends are easy to make with all your favorite spices.
Homemade Caribbean Rub Seasoning
Making your own bbq rubs is SO simple. In about 10 minutes you can have yourself your own custom BBQ rub without all the additives that often come with store-bought.
We’ve been using it mostly on chicken and shrimp, but my husband did use it on his steak and said it was delicious! This rub has a kick to it, so if you have small kids, you may want to omit the cayenne pepper, or at least limit the amount. The recipe will still be good.
How to Make Homemade Caribbean Rub
Gather your spices:
I like to pull everything out of the cupboard so I know I have everything I need. All the spices I use are dried spices.
- brown Sugar
- coarse salt
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- small bowl
- measuring spoons
- regular size zip lock baggie
- airtight container
As mentioned, all the spices are dried spices. I scoop out the amount needed (recipe below) and place them into a ziplock baggie. Once all the ingredients are added, seal the baggie and mix the spices until well blended. Pour into an airtight container and store in your cupboard.
Now, of course, these make excellent gifts! Especially with my printable tags. Father’s day is coming up and the kids could make dad up his own grilling spices.
I also have a homemade dry rub for steak. This is full of spices and herbs and makes a great gift.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon course salt
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Measure out each ingredient and place into a ziplock baggie.
- Seal the baggie and mix the spices until well blended.
- Place into an airtight container.
- Brush your chicken or shrimp with oil, then sprinkle with the rub. You can do this right before grilling, or prepare it a few hours ahead of time for extra flavor.
See more delicious ideas
- Making the Perfect Hamburger Patty – Today’s Creative Life
- Garlic Cheese Beer Bread – Today’s Creative Life
- Turkey, Bacon & Avocado Grilled Cheese – Tidy Mom
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Mango Salsa – I Heart Nap Time
- Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken – Your Home-Based Mom