There is no other dinner that screams summer, than this Shrimp Avocado Salad with Cilantro Avocado Dressing!
It’s fresh, bursting with color and full of flavor! Summer salads like this one and my Strawberry Gorgonzola Green Salad are my “go to” salads!
Shrimp Avocado Salad with Cilantro Avocado Dressing
The good folks at the California Avocado Commission recently contacted me and wanted to know if I wanted a box of avocados (um YES!) and a box full of entertaining goodies (YES Again!) to help with any summer entertaining I may have going on.
Who can say no to a box full of green goodies like this? THIS was going to be fun!
The box of California Avocados were the most perfectly ripe Avocados I have ever had. PERFECT!
If you’ve followed Today’s Creative Life for a bit, then you know I’m very casual. I love anything linen and farmhouse. All of this would be perfect for a casual picnic in the back yard.
I thought I’d make up a simple salad that looks and tastes amazing with my Chili Lime Shrimp to compliment the avocados. I love this salad because it literally takes about 15 minutes to prepare.
You’ll need the following ingredients for the Shrimp Avocado Salad with Cilantro Avocado Dressing
Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Bag of mixed greens – bought mine at Trader Joe’s
- Fresh tomatoes – I had a ton from my garden
- My Chili Lime Shrimp – here’s the recipe
- 2 or 3 California Avocados
- Cilantro Avocado Dressing (recipe below)
Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- Sour Cream
- Olive oil
- Garlic clove
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- Salt and Pepper
Printable recipe below.
I simply spread out my greens on a large tray then made rows with each ingredient. Gorgeous!
I used the rest of their box of green goodies to decorate my little picnic area.
This SALT jar is my favorite thing of all time. Who says you have to use it for salt all the time?
What a perfect evening. The temperature was perfect, the food was perfect and the decor was perfect. And of course the company.
It was simple to throw together last minute, using a table cloth and chair cushions. We grabbed our plates, the wine and headed out for a delicious meal.
This dressing reminds me of my Cilantro Lime Dressing too. Both would be fantastic!
- 1 bag of mixed greens ( or any type of lettuce you like)
- 2 California Avocados - cubed
- Chili Lime Shrimp - see recipe
- 2 cups diced garden fresh tomatoes
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Buttermilk
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Diced Garlic Clove - add more if you'd like
- 1 Avocado - peeled and pitted
- ¼ Cup Chives
- ½ Cup Cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- Salt & Pepper - about ¼ teaspoon each
- Lay your greens out on a large tray
- Place the chili lime shrimp in the center in a line
- Line the chopped avocado on each side of the shrimp
- Line chopped tomatoes on each side of the avocados
- Place all your ingredients into a blender and blend on high. I like to make it up a few hours before so the flavors can blend. If the dressing seems too thick, add a bit more buttermilk.
Find out more about California Avocados here.
This post was sponsored. I was compensated for my time and sent a box of avocados and a party box, however all opinions, recipes and ideas are 100% mine.