Some salads like this Mango Chicken Salad with Cashews are salads I could eat every single day! Clean eating, healthy and delicious! This salad, like my Shrimp Avocado Salad, are easy to throw together with a few shortcuts if needed, making it a great last minute dinner idea. And if you’re just here for the recipes with fruit, you may love this one-skillet sweet pineapple chicken!
Mango Chicken Salad with Cashews
I always think of this as a seasonal salad because it’s so fresh, but really… you could make it any time of year, as long as you can find ripe mangos. I suppose you could make it without, but it’s SO good with!
Mango Chicken Salad Ingredients
This Mango Chicken Salad is full of freshness. You’ll want to have the following.
Affiliate links for products listed are for your convenience only. This cost you nothing extra. If you happen to purchase anything as a result of clicking, TCL will receive a small percentage. Thank you for your support. This allows me to continue to offer you free content.
- Napa Cabbage
- Red Cabbage (it’s really more purple, right?)
- Scallions (green onions)
- Cooked chicken
- Cashews – These can be expensive, but Trader Joe’s has a great price.
- Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- Lime and orange juice
- Toasted Sesame oil – I get mine at Trader Joe’s.
- Canola oil
- Soy Sauce
- Crushed red pepper
It sounds like a lot of ingredients, but you probably already have most of them in your pantry.
Mango Chicken Salad Shortcuts or Substitutes
- Use rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. There is no shame! This trick speeds up so many recipes.
- Make Lemon Garlic Crockpot Chicken for a week’s worth of recipes.
- Buy bagged cabbage slaw mix. It’s all ready to go and that’s what I usually do. Then I add more of the red cabbage for more color.
- No cashews? Use peanuts or almonds instead.
- Use mandarin oranges instead of mango
This is a great salad to make up ahead of time, but I’d add the cashews right before serving. You don’t want them to get mushy. Great for potlucks, BBQs and parties! Or of course, just for lunch or dinner.
Mango Chicken Salad
This healthy Chopped Chicken Salad is great for a summer side dish, BBQs, or potluck ideas.
- 1/4 cup Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice - I used fresh squeezed.
- 3 Tablespoons Orange Juice - Sometimes I just squeeze those little satsumas.
- 1 1/2 toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil - vegetable is OK too.
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 4 Cups thinly sliced Napa Cabbage or bagged Slaw Mix
- 1 Cup sliced Red Cabbage or Slaw Mix
- 1 Cup Carrots, shredded or cut into thin sticks
- 1 small mango - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro leaves
- 1/4 Cup chopped Scallion and Scallion greens
- 2 1/2 cups cooked and shredded skinless Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Cashews
- Start with the dressing
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients; rice vinegar, juices, oils, soy sauce and red pepper.
- Add both cabbages, carrots, mango and scallions and cilantro. Toss and mix until well blended.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add chicken and cashews and toss.
- Use peanuts instead of cashews.
- Use bagged slaw mix for a short cut.
- Use rotisserie chicken if desired.
- No mango? Use mandarin oranges instead.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 452Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 36mgSodium 540mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 7gSugar 24gProtein 17g
There you have it! Another fresh summer salad to add to your menu! Mango Chicken Salad is always a hit!
Easy Salad Recipes
Easy to make salad recipes for a quick side dish or meal.
Cobb Salad Recipe
Bacon, avocado, egg, and chicken! This protein-packed salad is a full meal.
Fruit Salad Recipe
I just cut up all the fruits I want to use. For a large fruit salad, you'll need about 6 or 7 cups of fruit.
Tomato Salad Recipe with Buttermilk Vinaigrette
Cherry tomatoes with buttermilk vinaigrette will be your summer go to salad! Great way to use your own homegrown cherry tomatoes! Fresh, tangy and sweet!
Waldorf Salad Recipe
Waldorf Salad was first made from Waldorf Astoria Hotel in 1893. This crunchy salad consisting of apples, grapes, walnuts and celery in a mayonnaise dressing is a classic.
Carrot Salad Recipe
This classic spring salad is great for Easter brunch.
Apple Chicken Salad Recipe
Use this recipe in a sandwich or on top of greens.
Coconut Fruit Salad Recipe
Everyone's favorite spring and summer salad.
Mango Chicken Salad
Fresh, crunchy and full of healthy nutrition.
Leave a Reply