We love our bacon in this house! I’ve thought about this Sweet and Spicy Candied Bacon recipe for a LONG time! While baking my bacon in the oven, I’ve tried using brown sugar but decided to try a sweet pepper jelly with white wine vinegar and I’m so glad I did! The result is a tangy sweet and spicy candied bacon that is perfect for breakfast or sandwiches.
I shared on Instagram Stories when I was making this and I ate it all. Well…. I shared one piece with the pup.
Sweet and Spicy Candied Bacon
I think the key to making the perfect sweet and spicy candied bacon is, using a thick cut and baking it until crisp.
Crispy bacon is my favorite, heck I could eat it burnt and still be happy. This recipe is great for breakfast and brunch, but think how amazing it would be in a sandwich, or on a salad. Or with a bloody mary!
You could try to make up extra to chop up and freeze for future recipes. That would never work in my home. There is never leftover bacon. Never!
How to Make Sweet and Spicy Candied Bacon
Keep scrolling for a printable recipe near the bottom.
- Mix up your sweet and spicy mixture.
- Bake Bacon at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. I like lining a cookie sheet with foil, then placing thick bacon on a baking rack.
- When the bacon is done, leave it on the rack and brush a coat of the sweet and spicy concoction on each piece. I use a silicone basting brush.
- You can broil for a minute or two, or just let it sit for a couple of minutes allowing for the sweet-spicy mixture to set.
It’s so easy and obviously delicious!
Watch how quickly they disappear!
- 1 tablespoon red pepper jelly. I find mine at Trader Joes.
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 12-15 slices of thick bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a baking cooling rack on top.
- Place your bacon on the rack and bake until crisp. Usually about 20-25min
- While it's baking, combine jelly and vinegar in a small dish.
- When the bacon is done baking, keep it on the rack and brush jelly mixture over each piece.
- You can put back in the oven on broil or bake for a minute or so to get more of a caramelized coating. Or you can just simply let it set and eat.
- Let set for a couple of minutes before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 72Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 14mgSodium 242mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 5g
I love simple recipes that can be used for so many things.