We love our bacon in this house! I’ve thought about this Sweet and Spicy Candied Bacon recipe for a LONG time! While baking my bacon in the oven, I’ve tried using brown sugar but decided to try a sweet pepper jelly with white wine vinegar and I’m so glad I did!
I shared on Instagram Stories when I was making this and I ate it all. Well…. I shared one piece with the pup.
Sweet and Spicy Candied Bacon
I think the key to making the perfect sweet and spicy candied bacon is, using a thick cut and baking it until crisp.
Crispy bacon is my favorite, heck I could eat it burnt and still be happy. This recipe is great for breakfast and brunch, but think how amazing it would be in a sandwich, or on a salad. Or with a bloody mary!
You could try to make up extra to chop up and freeze for future recipes. That would never work in my home. There is never leftover bacon. Never!
How to Make Sweet and Spicy Candied Bacon
Keep scrolling for a printable recipe near the bottom.
- Mix up your sweet and spicy mixture.
- I like lining a cookie sheet with foil, then placing thick bacon on a baking rack.
- When the bacon is done, leave it on the rack and brush a coat of the sweet and spicy concoction on each piece. I use a silicone basting brush.
- Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
It’s so easy and obviously delicious!
Watch how quickly they disappear!
- 1 tablespoon red pepper jelly. I find mine at Trader Joes.
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 12-15 slices of thick bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a baking cooling rack on top.
- Place your bacon on the rack and bake until crisp. Usually about 20-25min
- While it's baking, combine jelly and vinegar in a small dish.
- When the bacon is done baking, keep it on the rack and brush jelly mixture over each piece.
- Let set for a couple of minutes before serving.
I love simple recipes that can be used for so many things.