These Sausage Cheese Breakfast Muffins are perfect for breakfast on the go, for brunch or any day of the week! Usually, breakfast muffins are sweet, like my Carrot Banana Walnut Muffins, but these are more of a savory breakfast muffin. Savory breakfast recipes are always great for weekends! Try my Breakfast Strata Recipe with Rye Bread and Sausage. So so good! But if you are hankering for something sweeter, try my Cinnamon Sugar Sour Cream Breakfast Scones!
So easy to make, which makes them easy to bake up quickly when needed.
Sausage Cheese Breakfast Muffins
I love sausage, but I suppose you could use any breakfast meat. Try ham or bacon to change things up.
I don’t always use muffin liners, depending on how you’re serving them, but I do find them easier to peel the liners off after they’ve cooled a little. The silicone muffin pans also work pretty well. (This one is only $6.99! Mine was much more than that!)
You can also just use a greased muffin tin, then just flip the pan to release breakfast muffin goodness!
These sausage cheese breakfast muffins freeze up nicely if you have any leftovers. That’s a big IF!
Serve them as is, or if you’re really going for it, serve sausage muffins and gravy instead of biscuits and gravy.
- 1 pound ground pork sausage - I used the spicy option.
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup (10-3/4 oz)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups biscuit / baking mix
- In a skillet, brown up the pork sausage until it's no longer pink.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine soup, milk, seasonings, and sausage.
- Stir in biscuit mix until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3rds of the way.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-18 min.
Use any breakfast meat.
Add shredded cheddar cheese for extra flavor.
I’m sure everyone in your home will enjoy these Sausage Cheese Breakfast Muffins anytime of the week!