Homemade gifts from the kitchen like this Gingerbread Cake Mix are so easy to make! Make up a large batch for yourself or create homemade gifts using the free printable instructions gift tag! Food gift ideas for the holidays is always a welcome treat!
Gingerbread Cake Mix
This time of year is all about seasonal flavors! Cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg etc… This Gingerbread Cake Mix has all the holiday spice you crave with a hint of molasses! Printable recipe below.
This cake mix makes such a great unique homemade gift, especially with the cutest tag to go along. You could package it up in a jar like my homemade Mocha Mix (free printable tag on that one too) or just use a bag with cute twine or ribbon. It’s 2 cups mix for each gift.
I’m all for being creative with no extra stress! Who needs it right?
Gingerbread Cake Mix Gift Tags
- White Cardstock
- Inkjet Printer – I have had this one and it’s under $50! Great deal
- Bakers Twine
- Craft Scissors
- Single Hole Punch
- Cellophane Bags
- Download your free gingerbread cake mix directions gift tag.
- Cut each tag out.
- Punch a hole at the top where indicated.
- Thread your ribbon through and tie it to your homemade gift of Gingerbread Cake Mix!
So easy and simple! Not to mention delicious!
Homemade Gifts from the Kitchen
- 6 2/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
Additional Ingredients for each batch:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup molasses
- You'll need a large bowl.
- Combine the first 9 items and mix well.
- Cut in shortening until it's coarse and crumbled. I used a fork to do this, but a pastry cutterworks well.
- Store in a cool and dry place, in an airtight container for up to 6 mo.
- To Make Gingerbread Cake
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, lightly beat egg with molasses and water.
- Add 2 cups cake mix; mix until blended.
- Spread into a greased 8 inch baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 min.
- A toothpick inserted into the middle should come out clean when done.
- Cool and serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
Grab the free Gingerbread gift tag on TodaysCreativeLife.com