Homemade gifts from the kitchen like this Gingerbread Cake Mix are so easy to make! Make up a large batch for yourself or create homemade gifts using the free printable instructions gift tag!
Gingerbread Cake Mix
This time of year is all about seasonal flavors! Cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg etc… This Gingerbread Cake Mix has all the holiday spice you crave with a hint of molasses! Printable recipe below.
This cake mix makes such a great unique homemade gift, especially with the cutest tag to go along. You could package it up in a jar like my homemade Mocha Mix (free printable tag on that one too) or just use a bag with cute twine or ribbon. It’s 2 cups mix for each gift.
I’m all for being creative with no extra stress! Who needs it right?
Gingerbread Cake Mix Gift Tags
- White Cardstock
- Inkjet Printer – I have had this one and it’s under $50! Great deal
- Bakers Twine
- Craft Scissors
- Single Hole Punch
- Cellophane Bags
- Download your free gingerbread cake mix directions gift tag.
- Cut each tag out.
- Punch a hole at the top where indicated.
- Thread your ribbon through and tie to your homemade gift of Gingerbread Cake Mix!
So easy and simple! Not to mention delicious!
Homemade Gifts from the Kitchen
- 6 2/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
Additional Ingredients for each batch:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup molasses
- You'll need a large bowl.
- Combine the first 9 items and mix well.
- Cut in shortening until it's coarse and crumbled. I used a fork to do this, but a pastry cutterworks well.
- Store in a cool and dry place, in an airtight container for up to 6 mo.
- To Make Gingerbread Cake
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, lightly beat egg with molasses and water.
- Add 2 cups cake mix; mix until blended.
- Spread into a greased 8 inch baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 min.
- A toothpick inserted into the middle should come out clean when done.
- Cool and serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
Grab the free Gingerbread gift tag on TodaysCreativeLife.com