My slow cooker is back in action now that fall is here. These Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes make my mouth water and bring the perfect dinner on a fall evening! If you’re looking for more slow cooker recipes, I’ve got a lot! See them here.
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
Before you get images of the Manwhich Can, these Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes have that homemade taste your whole family will love!
Sloppy Joes make the perfect game day food, or if you’re feeding a crowd. Simple to put together and delicious to eat. Sounds just about perfect right?
I like to brown my ground beef or ground turkey with the onions and garlic, then add in the green pepper. I usually never cook with green peppers… can’t stand them, but for some reason I like them in a sloppy joe recipe.
Then I just mix it all together in the slow cooker and turn it on. I like to cook on low so the seasonings and can really blend, but you can always cook on high if you’re running out of time.
Doesn’t that look delicious?
Usually I’ll serve it up on regular hamburger buns… toasted under the broiler with butter and garlic, but these ciabatta buns make it a little more fancy. Either way serves up a tasty dinner.
If you’ve got a full Saturday of sports, just think how nice it would be to come home to slow cooker sloppy joes? It wouldn’t take any time to put this together and you’ll be feeling like the most organized woman when you walk in the door to the smell of a hot meal full of flavor! You won’t get any complaints from the kids either! They’ll gobble this up and may even have seconds.
- 1 lb. Ground beef or ground turkey
- ½ Green pepper, diced
- ½ Onion, large, diced
- 1 (15oz) can Tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- In a fry pan, begin to sauté the ground beef and onions and garlic until the beef is browned and the onions are soft.
- Add the green peppers and sauté for an addition 2 – 3 minutes.
- Transfer this mixture to the slow cooker bowl.
- Deglaze the pan with a ¼ C water or beef broth/bouillon and add to crock pot.
- On top of the beef, add the tomato sauce, ketchup, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and salt and pepper.
- Mix well and turn on low.
- Cook for 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high.
- Serve on toasted buns.
More Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup – Today’s Creative Life
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup – Today’s Creative Life
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast – Today’s Creative Life
- Slow Cooker Dry Rub Pork Roast – Stephanie ODea