This Blueberry Lemon Bread with Lemon Glaze made with sour cream or yogurt is moist, delicious and perfect for snacking or breakfast. This quick bread recipe is so easy to make! Just mix it up and bake!
This past summer we picked and froze over 7 gallons of blueberries! We use them daily in smoothies and I love using them for pancakes and I may make up these blueberry muffins with crumb topping too.
I made this Blueberry Lemon Bread for a guest post for a fellow blogger and had completely forgotten to share it with all of you! I knew you’d love the recipe too!
Blueberry Lemon Bread with Lemon Glaze
This bread usually reminds me of summer since I normally make it with fresh berries, but all my frozen ones work just as well and it’s a great pick me up in the dead of winter.
I love quick breads! I have just a few!
- Apple Cream Cheese Bread
- English Muffin Bread
- Monkey Bread with Butterscotch Pudding
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Banana Praline Bread
- Banana Mango Coconut Milk Bread
- Peanut Butter Butterscotch Bread
If you haven’t noticed, I have a weakness for quick breads. If it’s bread and it’s sweet…..hand it to me. Add blueberries and lemon glaze and just leave me alone.
As mentioned, this bread is delicious for a snack or grab a slice for breakfast, of course, it’s perfect for a brunch. Eat it alone or smear on some butter…..any way you eat it, it’s going to be delicious!
I love the slight tang of lemon in both the bread and the glaze. If you wanted to forget the glaze….it’s still good!
While baking I placed a tin foil tent over the top about half way through to prevent over browning.
Making glaze is one of the easiest things ever! Cream, powdered sugar and lemon juice and zest. I probably should have added a teeny bit more cream to make it thinner, but it soaked in and upped the delicious factor.
The sour cream in the recipe makes it “melt in your mouth” moist. You could also use yogurt if you didn’t have any sour cream.
Who’s ready to do a bit of baking?
- 1 cube softened butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- Juice from one lemon (about 1 tablespoon if you're using pre-bottled lemon juice)
- Zest from one lemon peel
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 or 3 teaspoons cream or milk
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease your bread pan (9x5-inch) or muffin tins with cooking spray or shortening.
- I used my kitchen aid mixture. Place your soft butter and sugar and beat on medium until blended.
- Add and beat in eggs, lemon juice and peel, vanilla and sour cream.
- Stir in baking soda, baking powder, then slowly add flour. Mix until blended.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, reserving a few to sprinkle on the top.
- Spoon batter into your loaf pan or muffin tin.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on the top if you're not going to glaze it. Sprinkle on a few berries.
- Bake 55-60 minutes, checking half way for over browning. Make a tin foil tent to place loosely over the top for the remaining time. (Muffins will take much less time.)
- Cool for about 15 minutes before removing from the pan onto a baking rack.
- While it's cooling, mix up your glaze. Pour over the loaf and enjoy!
More Delicious Blueberry Recipes: