I had a couple of over ripe bananas I was guarding to make banana bread. My husband must have asked me 10 times if he could throw them out and the answer was “NO!” each time.
Then I saw on facebook that my friend Val was raving about the Banana Bars she made. So I did what any ripe banana hoarder would do and asked for the recipe. I changed it a bit and made Peanut Butter Banana Bars instead. I wondered if they were like the frosted banana bars that Mique shared.
Peanut Butter Banana Bars
After I baked them, I thought I would eliminate the chocolate chips next time and instead add walnuts. I can’t believe I just said that……but they were plenty sweet without adding the chocolate chips.
They had the perfect blend of banana taste and peanut butter taste. My husband tried to tell me they tasted like overly ripe banana’s…….He didn’t realize that all banana bread, muffins etc… are made with overly ripe bananas.
These bars were VERY moist and sweet, so I decided against adding the icing that her recipe had.
So, who’s got some banana’s that are over ripe? Make these and let me know how you like them!
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana's. (about 2 bananas)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I will substitute the chips for walnuts next time)
- I used my kitchen aid mixer
- Cream butter, peanut butter and sugar together
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix
- Slowly add flour, baking soda & baking powder and spices - mix
- Add mashed bananas and milk - mix
- Fold in your chocolate chips or walnuts (or both)
- Spread into your 13x9 or 15x10 greased pan or jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 min.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 357Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 39mgSodium 315mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 3gSugar 33gProtein 6g
Clickable Supply List