What is it about when you’re “dieting”, you suddenly feel like baking? I’ve had this recipe for Banana Praline Bread for a while and have really wanted to try it.
Banana Praline Bread Recipe
Actually the recipe is Apple Praline, but I changed it to Banana’s because I had a couple of old bananas I wanted to use up. I do think the apple will be equally delicious, but I’m not sure if it would beat out my Apple Cream Cheese Bread that has been pinned over 50,000 times.
Since I’m not eating these kinds of foods, I knew my son would devour it, especially with the praline sauce and sure enough, he ate a slice then mumbled with a full mouth “Is there anymore of that sauce because it’s AWESOME!” After he ate 3 slices and was heading for a 4th, I almost didn’t stop him since I really do want it gone.
But I think my husband would also enjoy a couple of slices and it would be delicious toasted for breakfast.
I will admit to having one bite. One. I had to make sure it was edible right? And it is.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large bananas (mushed)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (divided)
- FOR PRALINE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. I greased mine with coconut oil. Set aside.
- I used my kitchen aide mixer. Add together, sour cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla, mix on low until well blended.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Beat until well blended.
- Add bananas and 1/2 of the pecans to the batter.
- Pour into your loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining pecans on top.
- Bake for about 60 min. Or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- I needed to make a tin foil tent at 45 minutes to prevent it from becoming overly browned.
- Cool for about 15-20 minutes before transferring to a metal rack.
- PRALINE SAUCE
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil. Lower to simmer for about one minute. Stir constantly until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and drizzle over the loaf.
If you're using apples instead of bananas, use 1 1/2 cups.
Try walnuts or a combination if you're looking for a little adventure!
More quick breads that I love!
- Monkey Bread Recipe
- English Muffin Bread
- Bacon Avocado Corn Bread
- Apple Cream Cheese Bread
- Banana Bread with Sour Cream and Chocolate Chips
What’s YOUR favorite quick bread?