What could be better than teriyaki chicken? I’ll tell you what…… SLOW COOKER TERIYAKI CHICKEN! This easy crockpot chicken recipe is a dump it all in recipe and continues to be a family favorite for quick dinner ideas. Easy to make with teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, garlic and a few other ingredients.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
If it’s teriyaki anything, then I’m excited for dinner and so is my family! They’re probably just excited because I actually cooked. This Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken is one of my secret weapons for those busy nights when we have school events or soccer practice nights.
I would eat Mexican or Chinese food every day if I could. I love ordering takeout from our little Chinese restaurant, where they know you by your order. All I have to do now when I call is tell them “Hi, this is Kim“, and they’ve got it. But on those nights I want to make something Chinese-inspired at home, I rely on my slow cooker.
What To Serve With Teriyaki Chicken
I will slow cook this all day, then when it’s time for dinner, I skip into the kitchen with a smile on my face because dinner is 75% DONE! I’ll start the rice cooker, chop up my veggies to be steamed and it’s then magically dinner time! I like to shred the chicken and then put it back in it’s juicy teriyaki sauce to soak up the deliciousness. It’s so good on a bed of chicken-flavored brown rice (I use chicken broth instead of water) and then topped with a heaping amount of steamed veggies…..Sometimes I even add cashews. I’ll drizzle on a bit of the leftover sauce on top and call myself Betty!
Dinner couldn’t be faster, but it’s anything but fast food. This is healthy and full of nutrition.
How to Store Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
If we have any chicken left over, we like to use it for salads the next day. Or I just make up another bento bowl for a quick lunch. Store leftover chicking in an airtight container for up to 5 days or so. You can also freeze up to 6 mo.
Can You Make Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken in the Oven?
Yes, you can, although I have not recipe-tested this. I would bake at a lower temp than other baked chicken recipes and for a longer time. This would allow the seasonings and chicken to gain the same depth of flavor as cooking in the crockpot.
- 6 to 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 Cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 6 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (I've used onion flakes when I didn't have an onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 Ground Pepper
- Place your chicken breasts into your crockpot. I use the 6 quart crockpot.
- Mix Teriyaki Sauce, Chicken Broth and Brown Sugar together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add crushed garlic, ginger, onion and pepper to the teriyaki mixture and stir.
- Pour all of the mixture over the chicken breasts.
- I like to stir it around, making sure the chicken breasts are fully coated.
- Cover the crockpot with it's lid and cook on High for 4-5 hours or Low for 7-8 hours.
- When the chicken temp is 165° or higher, it's finished.
- Serve on a bed of rice and top with steamed veggies.
For a spicier dish, try adding 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 277Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 103mgSodium 1243mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 16gProtein 39g
We do our best to calculate, however, nutrition information may not be accurate.