With all the chilly weather many of you are having, this Slow Cooker Taco Chili may be just the ticket to warm you up!
Slow Cooker Taco Chili – Slow Cooker Sunday!
It’s been unseasonably dry and sunny here in the Portland area, we don’t even know what to think. Many spring bulbs are in full bloom, so I am shocked to see all the snow photos from around the nation.
Even though it’s sunny for us, it doesn’t mean we can’t eat this Taco Chili, right?! I love slow cooker and crockpot chili’s and make them often. Even in the summer.
I honestly have no idea how I’d survive with out my slow cooker. Slow cooker meals are so convenient on so many levels and allow busy families a home cooked meal on limited time.
You gotta love a recipe that’s simple to put together and allows you 8 hours of cooking if needed. If you want it to be done earlier, you can cook it on high for less time.
There is very little prep, other than opening a few cans, shaking a few spices, putting the cover on and let it cook to perfection. I love Mexican food so this Taco Chili is a hit with me.
I’d serve this with a stack of warm tortillas, to scoop the bulk right into my tortilla for a quick burrito. Another great item to serve with this chili is a yummy cheese quesadilla. Dip it in like you dip a grilled cheese in tomato soup and you’ve got instant comfort food! Or serve with a plate of nachos! This would go great with my crockpot queso, but you’d need 2 crockpots! And shouldn’t every kitchen have a couple?
This would be great for a crowd too and EASY!
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn (about 10 ounces)
- 30 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 ounce can diced green chilis
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 TBS cumin
- 1 TBS chili powder
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Mix beans, cumin, chili powder, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, green chilis, and onion in a slow cooker. Put the chicken on top of the mixture, and add cover to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5-6 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker, and set aside. Add corn to slow cooker, stir, and put cover back on.
- Using 2 forks, shred chicken, return to slow cooker, and stir. Cook an additional 10 minutes on high.
- Serve and top with cilantro or maybe a little sour cream.
If you love Mexican food as much as I do, here are a few more simple recipes.