Oh Sunday how we love thee. It’s Slow Cooker Sunday!
See what I’m pinning in my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
These fall weekends are full of High School Football games, outdoor soccer, Duck Football and puttering around the house. It’s all good.
This week, I made Crockpot Chai Tea Latte in the CrockPot.
I love the idea of making a drink and letting it cook slowly. Yes, of course you could do it on the stove, but you can’t really walk away from that. This Crockpot Chai Tea Latte was easy to place in the slow cooker before our morning soccer game and was ready when we returned.
Crockpot Chai Tea Latte
Not all slow cooker recipes take all day. I found this recipe from my dear friend Stephanie at A Year of Slow Cooking. You know she has a ANOTHER new cookbook out, right?
I always feel like a big shot when she mentions me in the list of Thank You’s. I do highly recommend her books…….no I’m not being paid. I get asked A LOT to review books and I only review the ones I like and think YOU would love too
Have you looked through my Slow Cooker Recipes? I’ve listed a few favorites below, but you’ll want to see them all!
- --4 cups milk
- --4 black tea bags
- --1/4 tsp ground cloves
- --1/2 tsp ginger
- --4 sticks cinnamon (or 2 tsp ground)
- --4 cardamom pods
- --1 tsp vanilla extract
- --1 T sugar (I like the Baker's because it dissolves nicely)
- Place everything into your crockpot. I use a 4 quart. If you have at least a 2 quart crockpot, it will work just fine.
- Place and float the cinnamon sticks, cardamon pods, and tea bags on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or until heated through.
- Press the tea bags against the side of the crockpot with a spoon to release the last bit of tea-goodness and ladle into mugs.
Love this recipe? Please pin it, share it on FB, but please DO NOT paste the full recipe details.
Who doesn’t love sipping on a hot beverage. Here a few more tried and true recipes.