Creating home decor or holiday projects is so easy with a Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2. These DIY Holiday Pillows can be made with either machine using designs found in the Cricut design space.
DIY HOLIDAY PILLOWS WITH CRICUT
If you’re looking for simple ways to make homemade holiday gifts or home decor, then you’re going to love what I’ve done with the iron-on projects from Cricut.
I love having something new to add to my holiday decor each season that is budget-friendly. Making these DIY holiday pillows were an easy way to freshen up my holiday look in less than 30 minutes.
I had 3 extra pillow covers from IKEA and a large variety of the iron-on glitter or vinyl from Cricut and within a half an hour, I had new custom pillows for Christmas.
HOW TO MAKE IRON-ON CHRISTMAS PILLOWS
- One of the Cricut Cutting Machines
- Cricut Iron-on
- Iron or EasyPress
- Transfer Paper
- Iron Pad
- Weeding Tools
- Pillow Covers
- Pillow Inserts
- Find the designs you want for your pillows in the Cricut design library. I chose one of the snowflakes, a simple tree and the Joy text and design.
- The great thing about using the Design Space is that it will walk you through the process. Choose “new project”, choose Images on the left sidebar, then search any term you’re looking for.
- Once you’ve found your design, decide how large you want it.
- It will show you how large it will be on a cutting mat.
- Load your cutting mat and follow the prompts.
- Use transfer paper to pull the newly cut design away from the mat.
- Place your design face down and use an iron or the EasyPress to apply design to your pillow cover.
- Let it cool before peeling the plastic off.
I wanted a different, yet complementary design for each pillow, which was easy to find in their never-ending library of options.
When making one with text, don’t forget to choose Mirror Image before cutting.
I used a black glitter iron-on vinyl for the Joy pillow and I’m thrilled with how it turned out.
It has just the right amount of shine, and it matches the farmhouse style I have going.
DO I NEED A CRICUT TO USE IRON-ON
If you want to have access to all their designs, and you want it to cut perfectly, then yes. But you don’t need a Cricut cutting machine to use the vinyl if you want to cut it yourself. If you’re still saving for a Cricut, you could, however, get iron-on vinyl by Cricut and cut your own design and iron.
But if you are a person who loves to be creative, then you should definitely get yourself your own machine. You can see information on both to help you determine which one is best for your needs. I also have the Cricut Gift Guide with all my favorites.
They all turned out so good and add personal style to my holiday decor!
Making DIY Holiday Pillows is a fun way to add a custom and personalized look to your holiday decor. It’s a good thing I don’t have to choose a favorite.