I’m warning you now that this post will make you drool! I normally try to post a Slow Cooker Sunday recipe on Sunday, but I just couldn’t help myself!
I bet I wouldn’t have to twist your arm to have one of these Single Serve Healthy Lasagna dishes! My family LOVES my crockpot lasagna, so I know they’ll devour these!
Single Serve Healthy Lasagna
My friend Allyson sent me this recipe and not only will your family gobble it up, but it’s carrying an extra nutritious punch that the kids will most likely not pick up on.
I honestly think anything served in cute ramekin dishes makes everything better…… even if you add green stuff!
That green stuff happens to be asparagus. It gives this dish an unexpected flavor that will make you want another!
Who wants one? Maybe two?
- Individual Healthy Meaty Lasagnas
- Serves 6
- 6-8 whole wheat lasagna noodles, prepared al dente according to package directions
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBS Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and chopped finely
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg white
- 6 TBS Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 TBS fresh basil, chopped
- cooking spray
- In a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray, add ground beef, onions, and garlic; cover and cook over medium/high heat for 4 minutes. Remove cover; using a wooden spatula, chop up ground beef to small pieces. Add italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper; stir and saute 2 more minutes. Add chopped asparagus and saute for 1-2 additional minutes. Drain beef mixture, then return to skillet. Add crushed tomatoes and stir to combine; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and egg whites; mix well. Set aside.
- **Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take your cooked lasagna noodles and cut them in half, and then in half again (so you have 4 equal squares from each noodle). Repeat for all noodles; set aside.
- Using 6 ramekins, spray the inside with nonstick spray. Sprinkle ½ TBS parmesan cheese into the bottom of each ramekin. Place 1 noodle square on top of the cheese, add 1 heaping TBS of meat mixture on top using spoon to spread and press down lightly, then add 1 heaping TBS of ricotta mixture using spoon to spread and press down lightly, then top with another noodle square. Repeat for 2 more layers (should use 4 noodle squares for each ramekin). Repeat for all ramekins. Lastly, add ½ TBS on top of the top noodle.
- Carefully seal each ramekin with aluminum foil, being careful not to press down on the top (you don’t want to press against the cheese or else the cheese will stick to the foil, so leave room at the top). Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil from ramekins and bake for 5 more minutes, then broil on high for 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese just a tad, watch them carefully while broiling because they can burn very quickly. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Lastly, add ½ TBS Parmesan cheese on top of the top noodle.
- Garnish with basil and serve immediately.
- **These freeze well and also reheat well.
More dinner ideas!