If you’ve got a small entryway like mine, then I think you’ll appreciate these Small Entryway Decorating Ideas that are easy to apply in most spaces. I dream of having a larger foyer, but the reality is, I don’t, so I’ve gotten really good at decorating this small space to fit the style of my home.
I’ve just started to decorate for fall and I can’t help but forage my yard for a few natural elements. My rustic fall table centerpiece will blend nicely with these small entryway decorating ideas.
Small Entryway Decorating Ideas
As one of the bloggers for Better Homes & Gardens at Walmart, our challenge this month was to create a welcoming entryway or front porch. My fall porch is still coming, but I’ve been dying to spruce up my small foyer.
Although this area is small, it has a big job. It not only needs to look tidy and stylish, it needs to be functional. Whether I need a towel to wipe the dog’s feet or need a throw to sit on the porch, it all has to be available by the front door.
I also wanted an area where someone could sit and put their shoes on if needed, so I knew I’d need a small entryway bench and those are hard to come by! All these needs for such a limited space could prove challenging.
Most of the items used to create this charming space are BHG items from Walmart. The rest of the items were things I already had around the house. You’ll be amazed how easy it is to fill in a space with decorative items you already own.
Small Entryway Decorating Item
Affiliate links listed are for your convenience only. This costs you nothing extra. If you happen to purchase anything as a result of clicking, TCL will receive a small percentage. Thank you for your support. This allows me to continue to offer you free content.
Small Entryway Bench
- Colette Tufted Ottoman $69.68 –This Better Homes & Gardens Tufted Ottoman has a classic, timeless style. The solid wood turned legs add a lovely traditional touch with button tufts and piping for a bit of tailored sophistication. . Available in Multiple Colors. The color I have is gray.
Easy Throw Blanket
- Buffalo Check Sherpa Throw $14.93 – It’s the Velvet Plush Reverse to Sherpa Throw in the popular 50-inch by 60-inch size. It comes in 8 different color or pattern schemes that reverse to a super soft solid cream sherpa backing.
Entry Area Rug
- Distressed Ogee Rug $15.04- This area rug comes in 3 different colors and 6 different sizes to meet your decorating needs.
Fluff your Nest
- Faux Fur Pillow $11.88 – Add texture and style to a chair, sofa, bed or entryway bench! Comes in 4 different colors and is perfect for warming up any space.
- “Home” Pillow $11.84 – A neutral colored pillow with a raised, almost embroidered feel. It’s the perfect decorative cushion for any room.
- Galvanized Lantern $14.88 – Use inside or out. Place a flameless candle inside or stuff it full of seasonal items to show your decorating personality.
I’m ready for fall! I’ve got to finish up my porch and I’ll be done!
More Fall Decorating Ideas
Visit my fellow BHG bloggers for their simple and creative ways to decorate for fall!
Free Fall Printable Wall Decor
I love the entire look! Where is the mirror from?
Thank you! This mirror is from a local seasonal boutique called Laurelwood Gardens in Damascus Oregon.
Do you know what color you painted your walls? The color is gorgeous!
It’s Acier by Sherwin Williams. Thank you!
Gloribell Lebron says
I’m always attracted to gray in decor. Love this area and how beautifully you added fall tones with the wreath and branches.
Thank you Gloribell!
Kathe Losch says
I’ve seen many vases similar to yours but I love the shape of yours. Can you tell me where I can buy it? Thank you!
Thank you! I’ve had it for years. If you love that, then you’d love some of the larger candle hurricanes offered by BHG on Walmart.com
Shannon Fox says
Kim you created such a functional, yet super cute space!!
It made me want to go fluff mine up. It’s darling.
Thanks Shannon, yes, it’s exactly what I was going for!
Love your entry! All the grays and fall colors look beautiful together! And you make me want to paint my door!
thank you Debbie! I kinda want that wall white now, but I think my husband would kill me!