This Spicy Mexican Hot Cocoa Mason Jar Gift from Kristi at I Should be Mopping the Floor is the perfect gift for neighbors, teachers, hair dressers… anyone! So many amazing ideas in my Creative Girls Holiday Soiree! We all know how much I love Hot Chocolate, especially my Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate, or maybe my Crock Pot Hot Chocolate! After you grab this yummy recipe, be sure to visit Kristi and check out all her creative wonder. I’m drooling over her Joy wood sign!
Spicy Mexican Hot Cocoa Mason Jar Gift
I just love a fun mason jar gift…layers upon layers of fun, no? I also created the mason jar holiday gift tags that you can grab over on my blog, too, to gift with your spicy cocoa!
The dry ingredients for these jars go together so easily…then it’s on to the FUN!
Spicy Mexican Hot Cocoa Recipe (dry mix only)
I think these are such a pretty gift, too. Gosh, and who doesn’t love a big ol’ jar of cocoa to get them through the cold winter nights, right?
- -1 cup dry milk (sometimes called powdered milk)
- - 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- - 1 cup sugar
- - 1 heaping tablespoon cinnamon
- - ½ teaspoon chili powder
- - ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- - pinch of Cayenne pepper
- - 1 bag Hershey's Cinnamon Chips
- - 1 bag chocolate mini morsels
- - mini marshmallows.
- Combine first seven ingredients (through Cayenne) in a large bowl and mix well. Fill quart-size mason jars ⅔ full of cocoa mix. Top with chocolate mini morsels, cinnamon chips, and marshmallows. Pack ingredients as tightly as you can, so ingredients do not shift (it's all about the presentation, right?).
- Write the instructions for your recipient on a tag you attach to the gift (I have the coordinating lined mason jar tagson my site if you'd like to use them):
- Instructions: Add two heaping tablespoons of dry mix to the bottom of a large mug. Fill with boiling water and mix. Top with mini chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, and marshmallows. Let cool a bit and ENJOY! (You may also want to let your recipient know that this cocoa has a kick!)