Making cake in the crockpot is one of my favorite things to do. This Crockpot Hot Fudge Peanut Butter Chip Brownie Cake is quite the mouth full and delivers in taste and is perfect for Slow Cooker Sunday!
It’s a bit like a lava cake, but I just can’t add another word and call it Crockpot Hot Fudge PB Chip Brownie Lava Cake. Someone might bite their lip just trying to say it and then they may not be able to enjoy it’s goodness.
Although this would be really good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, I had planned on making whipped cream. Then I realized that I was out of my favorite Trader Joe’s Shelf Stable Whipping Cream
and we would have to eat it plain. Oh the things I do for this blog. It was a struggle, but I managed to eat just a bit. My husband actually ate the dessert cup photographed here.
Crockpot cakes only take about 2 hours to cook, so you don’t want to put it in and then head off for a full day of work.
The sides of the cake will pull away from the crockpot insert as it cooks, but the middle stays pretty gooey. I used my ice cream scoop to scoop it up, making sure to get some of the “lava sauce” to drizzle along the top.
Since this cake uses a brownie mix, it’s even easier. I love a non fussy dessert.
- CAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 Cups Brownie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- ¾ cup boiling water
- Grease your crockpot
- Combine all CAKE INGREDIENTS in a bowl and mix well. Spoon batter and spread evenly into your crockpot (2.5- 3.5 quart)
- Mix the topping ingredients together and stir until the sugar and cocoa are dissolved.
- Pour over the batter. This is what will make the "lava" sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours the sides should be slightly pulling away from the crock.
- Turn off the crockpot and allow to sit for 20 - 30 minutes.
Serve with Whipped cream, ice cream, nuts, more hot fudge......the possibilities are endless.
Follow my Slow Cooker and Crockpot Pinterest Board for more great recipes.