This How to Make a Tire Swing Tutorial will give you step by step instructions. Find your list below for Tire Swing Hardware and any questions that may arise.
How To Make a Tire Swing
Tire Swing Hardware
- Steel chain
- old tire
- Thick Nylon Cord or Rope
- Scrub the tire you use very well with soapy water to remove as much dirt as possible.
- Once clean and dry, spray the tire with a clear sealant.
- Drill a set of holes in the outer wall of the tire that a U-bolt would fit through.
- Repeat 1/3 of the way around the tire, then once more another 1/3 of the way around the tire.
- Put a U-bolt through the end of one section of chain then insert the U-bolt through one of the sets of holes you drilled into the tire. On the inside of the tire, place the plate that came with the U-bolt on the U-bolt ends sticking through the tire. Screw on the hex nuts.
- Repeat this process with the other 2 sets of holes in the tire and the rest of the chain and the other two U-bolts.
More Activities for Kids