These Rolo Leprechaun Hats are such a fun St. Patrick’s Day kids craft! This is a great St. Patrick’s Day activity for kids of all ages whether it’s for craft time, the classroom, club activities or for no reason at all.
Please welcome my friend Stephanie!
Rolo Leprechaun Hats
Hi everyone, I’m Steph, from Crafting in the Rain and I’m so excited to be visiting today! You’ll generally find me working on something with paper, washi tape, or fabric, and almost always–some glue. Which thankfully still dries here in the Pacific Northwest 🙂
These little gold leprechaun hats come together so quickly because you don’t even have to unwrap the candy. This makes them perfect for classroom treats or other St. Patrick’s Day parties.
Rolo Leprechaun Hats Supplies
- Rolo candies – But in rolls or in a bag.
- Gold Metallic cardstock
- green craft paper
- Glue dots – Double stick tape will also work.
- Cricut Cutting Machine, Scissors or Circle Punch – There are several options for how you want to cut your materials. Use what you have.
How to Make Rolo Leprechaun Hats
Rolo Leprechaun Hats
St. Patrick's Day Leprechaun Hat Craft
- Cricut Cutting Machine (optional)
- Circle Punch 1.5 inches (if you're not using a Cricut)
- Start with the hat bases. Use a cutting machine or paper punch to cut gold paper into 1.5 inch diameter circles.
- Attach a Rolo to the center of the circle with a sticky dot or cool glue gun.
- Cut tiny green shamrocks from green paper (or vinyl) and attach them to the side of the Rolo, or find small stickers to use instead.
- These shamrocks are about .4 inches wide. Click here to download the SVG that I used from my download page.
You can use scissors or any shamrock template to cut all shapes. A Cricut cutting machine or circle punch makes it more precise and quicker.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
TaDa–St. Pat’s Hats! Now go make a few, or fifty, and feel free to eat a couple of Rolos on the way.
If you’re up to a much more involved St. Patrick’s Day treat, check out the Rainbow Cake Pops I made a couple of years ago.
Thanks again for having me Kim! And happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone. If you make some of these hats too, I’d love to see a picture 🙂
Make celebrating St. Patrick's Day more fun and easy with a few of these ideas. Printable bottle wrappers for soda, water or beer! DIY home decor for St. Patrick's Day. St. Patrick's Day dinner ideas made simple! Glitter and jars! The perfect cocktail for St. Patricks Day! Printable DIY Decor. Kids craft and science project for making rainbows.
St. Patrick's Day Ideas
Make celebrating St. Patrick's Day more fun and easy with a few of these ideas.
Printable bottle wrappers for soda, water or beer!
DIY home decor for St. Patrick's Day.
St. Patrick's Day dinner ideas made simple!
Glitter and jars!
The perfect cocktail for St. Patricks Day!
Printable DIY Decor.
Kids craft and science project for making rainbows.
Leave a Reply