If you are planning a camping trip any time soon, make sure you have all of the essentials you need to make your trip relaxing and fun! I’ve got a printable summer camping packing list that includes everything you need to take on your next summer camping trip.
I grew up camping, but it was rarely in a campground with shower facilities, so you can imagine I wasn’t too excited to camp as an adult. But with the right campground, I was pleasantly surprised by how fun and easy it was.
Printable Summer Camping Packing List
Here is a list of essential camping supplies and items that always made it an enjoyable camping trip. These are all items I think you should always plan to take with you when you head out camping in the great outdoors.
Affiliate links for products listed are for your convenience only. This costs you nothing extra. If you happen to purchase anything as a result of clicking, TCL will receive a small percentage. Thank you for your support. This allows me to continue to offer you free content.
It’s easy to remember to bring your tent, but sometimes it’s the extras that you need that are easy to forget. If you have a camper or camp trailer, some items on this list won’t be needed. Stocking your camp trailer is a whole nother list!
- Tent (with all poles, canopies, etc)
- Tarp (to put underneath the tent, or use for shade and cover)
- Tent Stakes
- Hammer or hatchet (to hammer stakes into the ground)
Sometimes it’s about more than just the sleeping bag. It’s possible to be comfortable while sleeping in the great outdoors.
Cooking and Food for Summer Camping
I have a great DIY tutorial for a camping roll-up kitchen organizer if you’re feeling extra creative! It’s a great way to keep things organized and ready for any camping trip.
Many campgrounds have a BBQ at each campsite, but it’s always good to be prepared. Campfire foil packs are a great option and something you can prep ahead of time before leaving.
- Portable grill
- Coolers to pack in your food and drinks.
- Camp friendly pots and pans
- Spoons, forks and knives
- Water for drinking and for cooking – This water storage is perfect for containing your cooking water, and this one is great for drinking water.
- Paper plates/plastic bowls
- Paper towels
- Charcoal or firewood
- Cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
- Dish rags and soap
- Seasonings and condiments
- Knives for cutting vegetables, meat, etc.
- Cups (coffee cups, disposables, etc)
And don’t forget to bring your food! Make a separate list of all the food items you’ll need. You’ll save yourself a headache if you can prep as many meals before leaving.
TCL Subscribers have free access to all my free printables. Head to the Printable Vault if you’re already a subscriber and enter your password. If you need to subscribe, you can do that here. Your password will be sent to you. If you don’t see it, please check your spam folder.
Toiletries / Personal Products
- Toilet paper
- Shampoo, Soap, etc
- Shower bag
- Contacts and glasses (if necessary)
- Feminine products for the females at camp
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Towels, wash clothes
Clothes for Camping
- At least one set of clothing for each day you will be camping (shirts, pants, underwear, socks, etc)
- Extra socks
- Rain gear
- Extra Towels
Extra Camping Essentials
- Chapstick (this is a must for me! Here is my favorite kind.)
- Bug Spray
- Extra batteries
- Playing cards and dice for entertainment
- First Aid kit
- Ax or hatchet (for firewood and kindling)
- Newspaper for fire starter or make up a few Pinecone Fire Starters ahead of time.
- Matches or a lighter
- Hand sanitizer and wipes
This may seem like an extensive Summer Camping Packing List, but you can organize it all easily into camping totes and duffel bags and if you keep them marked for camping gear, there is no need to search for all of these items each time you go.
It doesn’t matter if you are going far into the wilderness or you are heading to a popular campground, you need to have a list of basics to have with you to make your camping trip as easygoing and fun as possible. It is frustrating to show up at your destination only to discover that you forgot something.
Printable Lists for Organizing