Get ready for Grilled Shrimp on the barbie! Grilling with tinfoil pouch recipes is easy and has little cleanup! Maybe you know it as Hobo Dinners? These are great for camping recipes.
Welcome to TCB Celebrate Summer Series. Today my guest is Lindsay from The Cottage Mama and she’s sharing her favorite Grilled Shrimp Recipe. You know how I love quick and easy recipes and of course anything cottage! Her site has so many great ideas. I hope you’ll pay her a visit!
Grilled Shrimp Foil Pouch Recipe
Hi, my name is Lindsay Wilkes from The Cottage Mama and I’m so happy to be here sharing a delicious summer recipe with you. Usually, you can find me over on my blog sewing and crafting the majority of the time, but occasionally I like to change it up and share some of my favorite recipes here and there!
One of the best parts of summer to me is definitely grilling. Now I’m not the grill master around my house (my hubby helps out in that department), but I absolutely adore the smell of food cooking out on the grill and like to eat it even more. If you like shrimp, you are going to absolutely love this recipe! It’s so super-simple and there is no worrying about your shrimp falling through your grill because the whole dish is cooked inside a foil pouch. SO easy!
Garlic, Lemon & Chive Grilled Shrimp Ingredients
How to Make Grilled Shrimp in a Foil Pouch
How to Wrap Tin Foil Dinners
- Use heavy-duty aluminum tin foil or double up with regular strength.
- Roll up the center of the foil pouch and then roll up both sides until you have a nice and secure foil pouch.
- Then repeat the above steps for the other half of the shrimp. You will have two pouches if you are using 1 pound of shrimp.
- Make sure the edges are crimped tightly to avoid any oil or butter from leaking.
How to Cook Hobo Dinners
On the Grill
Can you Make Foil Pouch Dinners Ahead of Time?
That’s the beauty of tin foil pouch dinners, especially if you’re prepping for a camping trip. You can prep all the meals ahead of time with whatever ingredients you’re using. Always store dinners in the fridge or a cooler if you’re camping. Here are 30 tin foil dinner ideas.
Garlic Lemon Chive Grilled Shrimp
Tin Foil Pouch Shrimp Dinner for the grilling or camping.
- 1 pound shrimp, (with shells, but deveined and cleaned)
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped or a heaping teaspoon of chopped garlic in a jar
- 1 lemon
- 1 loaf crusty french bread, for dipping
- Make the herb butter. Combine the softened butter, garlic and chives. Then add the zest of half of the lemon. Stir to combine.
- Cut two large pieces of foil and lay one on top of each other. We don’t want any of the delicious butter sauce to run out so it’s a good idea to use two sheets just in case one rips. Grab your shrimp. Each foil pouch will contain 1/2 pound shrimp. Arrange half your raw shrimp in the middle of two pieces of foil.
- Take half of the butter mixture and place it on top of the shrimp.
- Roll up the center of the foil pouch and then roll up both sides until you have a nice and secure foil pouch. Then repeat the above steps for the other half of the shrimp. You will have two pouches if you are using 1 pound of shrimp.
- Place the shrimp on a grill heated on high and cook for approximately 8 minutes. You do not want to over cook your shrimp, so be careful. If you don’t have a grill or are trying this recipe during colder weather months, you could certainly give it a try in the oven.
- Serve with an extra sprinkling of chives, fresh lemon slices and crusty french bread.
Heavy-duty foil does a better job with tin foil pouch meals. You can double up regular aluminum foil if needed.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 569Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 270mgSodium 1877mgCarbohydrates 66gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 39g
We do our best to calculate, however, nutrition information may not be accurate.
BBQ Recipe Ideas
A list of recipes great for backyard grilling or taking along on a camping trip.
Fruit Salad Recipe
Mixed Fruit Salad with a tangy sour cream dressing!
Tomato Salad Recipe with Buttermilk Vinaigrette
Cherry tomatoes with buttermilk vinaigrette will be your summer go to salad! Great way to use your own homegrown cherry tomatoes! Fresh, tangy and sweet!
Waldorf Salad Recipe
Waldorf Salad was first made from Waldorf Astoria Hotel in 1893. This crunchy salad consisting of apples, grapes, walnuts and celery in a mayonnaise dressing is a classic.
Coconut Fruit Salad Recipe
Creamy Fruit Salad for your spring and summer menu.
Fruit Cabbage Salad Recipe
Tangy Fruit Cabbage salad with a crunch.
Vinegar Cucumber Salad
Savory Vinegar Cucumber Salad
Quick Easy Fruit Salad
A classic summer side dish for potlucks and bbqs.
Mediterranean Bean Salad Recipe
A cold bean salad goes great with your BBQ.
Strawberry Gorgonzola Green Salad
Fresh, healthy and delicious strawberry salad with a tangy dressing.
Mexican Black Bean and Corn Salad
Simple summer recipe with fresh ingredients.
Broccoli Salad With Pasta Recipe
Crunchy, Savory, and Sweet! Make it a meal or a side dish!
Zesty Coleslaw Salad Recipe
Let's bump it up a notch with this coleslaw recipe.
Tomato Avocado Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese
It's like a BLT without the bread!
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Everyone's favorite BBQ side dish!
Leave a Reply