I have been completely obsessed with Tartan plaid lately. My love for plaid comes out every holiday season! This year took it a bit further and created these adorable Tartan Plaid Desk Accessories.
DIY Tartan Plaid Desk Accessories
It all started when I ventured to a local fabric store to find a couple of different Tartan plaids for gift wrapping ideas. When I couldn’t find what I wanted, I then looked with no luck, for scrapbook paper in a Tartan plaid. That’s when it occurred to me that I could just print my own! I printed out several to see which ones I wanted to use.
I’m giving you 4 patterns, but you may find more on Brusheezy.com
How to Make a DIY Desk Organizer
- Clean tin cans in a variety of sizes
- Inkjet Printer – I’ve owned this one and it’s a great value for the price.
- Printed Tartan Plaid paper
- Paper trimmer
- Double Stick Tape
I already had a few small paint cans from Lowe’s and then I grabbed a couple of cans from the recycling bin. Having a variety of heights and sizes will allow you to organize a variety of supplies.
How to Make:
- I first measured how tall each can was and trimmed my paper accordingly. Some cans will be larger than 11 inches around, so you’ll have to patch a section with another strip of paper.
- Using double stick tape, apply to the non-printed side of the paper. I only applied to the edges, however, you could apply in the middle as well.
- Position the paper on your can and adhere into place.
- Repeat for any patched areas needed.
That’s it! So easy!
Fill your cans and use them where needed. Placing them on a large Lazy Susan is a great way to save space.
DIY Craft Ideas