This Grapefruit Spritzer will become your favorite summertime cocktail, making it perfect for my Celebrate Summer Series. I love Grapefruit Cocktails! I’ve listed a few more Grapefruit Summer Cocktails at the bottom of this post. Shauna is sharing the most beautiful summer drink with us! I think you’ll enjoy these gorgeous photos and printable Fresh Grapefruit Spritzer Recipe to have on hand for when you need it.
Hello there! I’m Shauna from Satori Design for Living, where I share home improvement projects, decorating tips, gardening ideas, recipes and more. I’m thrilled to be stopping by today to share a delicious grapefruit spritzer recipe as part of Kim’s Celebrate Summer series.
Grapefruit Spritzer Summer Cocktail
If you enjoy the sweet and tangy taste of freshly squeezed citrus juice cut with the subtle earthy flavour of rosemary, this summer cocktail is for you. I wouldn’t go as far as to say it’s the holy grail of summer drinks, but its health benefits and thirst quenching abilities keep me going back for more!
Throughout the summer, we like to spend as much time outdoors as possible. We’re from Canada, after all, where the warm months are so very precious. During the week, we tend to stay put in our backyard working on projects or simply kicking back after a long day of work. On the weekends, we enjoy hikes and picnics by the river or in the mountains (yes, we’re fortunate enough to live close enough by for a day trip).
Whatever we’re up to, ready-to-go refreshing summer drinks are a necessity. Sure, you can pick up pre-made spritzers or coolers at the store. But why not make your own where you control the ingredients? Plus, you’ll save yourself a bunch so you can splurge on other goodies to put in your basket like cheese and chocolate!
This cocktail recipe can easily be modified to your liking- no alcohol, more alcohol, less sweetness, more… You get the picture.
They’re also handy when made ahead for a summer party! Whip up a bunch in the morning, store them in the fridge, then transfer to a bucket of ice just before your guests arrive. You can even make a grapefruit spritzer label if you want to get fancy.
I found these cute little bottles at IKEA, but I’ve also seen them at dollar stores. A mason jar with a lid works perfectly, too, so don’t fret if you can’t find any. Just make sure your container has a lid to keep the drink carbonated!
I like my grapefruit spritzer served in a glass with some ice and a bit of garnish. Looks pretty that way, doesn’t it? Straight from the bottle is good too. Especially on those hot summer days when you need something stat. Enjoy!
Easy Spritzer Summer Cocktail
- ½ Water
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 3 TB. Honey
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary, fresh (plus more for garnish)
- 1 Lemon, large
- 3 Grapefruit, large (plus more for garnish)
- Vodka or White Rum
- Soda or Sparkling Water
- For the Juice Concentrate
- Place water, sugar, and honey in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, Juice lemon and set aside the juice. Cut leftover lemon into quarters and add to the saucepan (with sugar mixture).
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add rosemary. Turn down the temperature to low and simmer until mixture becomes syrupy (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Juice Grapefruits. Add lemon juice to the grapefruit juice and pour entire mixture through a sieve.
- Once the syrup is cool, pour through a sieve into juice mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add 1-2 ounces of your alcohol choice to bottle (10-12 ounce size). Pour in 5 ounces or so of juice mixture. Top with your carbonation choice. Seal. Chill before serving.
- Add ice cubes to glass along with 1-2 ounces of alcohol. Pour in about ¾ cup of juice mixture. Top with soda or sparkling water. Garnish with grapefruit segment and a tiny sprig of rosemary.
Ever tried a rosemary-infused, freshly-squeezed grapefruit spritzer? If not, you definitely need to give this summer cocktail a try. Your taste buds will thank you!
I’d love for you to stop by my newly renovated kitchen and see what else I’m whipping up.
Wishing you a fun-filled and relaxing summer,