The best part of Thanksgiving is the Homemade Leftover Turkey Sandwich! Turkey, cranberry sauce, mayonnaise, and all the fixin’s. Here’s the best way to make a turkey sandwich with your Thanksgiving leftovers.
Homemade Leftover Turkey Sandwich
When the turkey is roasted, the guests are gone, and the next lazy day is upon us, there are leftovers. Maybe you’re like me, and you get a turkey that’s just a littttttle too big for the family assembling around the table? This makes for good eating, particularly for the iconic leftover turkey sandwich. (recipe below)
And if we’re lucky, there’s also leftover cranberry sauce. The perfect end to a gluttonous holiday.
When I received my package of Pacific Foods full of organic goodness, I had to share it with my foodie friend who LOVES organic and loves to cook!
I knew if I showed her all of the yummy foods, she may just cook me something. I knew she couldn’t resist the following:
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pumpkin Puree
- Chicken Stock
These are the staples of the holiday! If you’ve got these items after Thanksgiving, then you can whip up the best leftovers or enhance what you’ve got.
Here’s her famous Turkey Sandwich recipe!
How to Make a Turkey Sandwich with Thanksgiving Leftovers
Leftover Turkey Sandwich with Cranberry Sauce
Easy to make turkey sandwich with all the leftovers.
- Two slices of great sourdough bread
- Cranberry sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Leftover turkey meat
- Crisp romaine lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced or quartered (that no one ate on the obligatory veggie plate)
- Optional: cooked bacon, avocado
- Spread mayo on one slice of bread, and cranberry sauce on the other. Be generous. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay out turkey meat on one side.
- Top with lettuce, and tomatoes, and top with the other slice of bread.
Harmony Burmeister says
We use carton chicken stock for everything from soup to mashed potatoes