I have the easiest DIY Halloween project for you today! Let’s learn how to make spooky Halloween candles for some quick homemade holiday decorations.
How to Make Spooky Halloween Candles
I’m going to show you how you can create DIY Halloween decor for less than $10 and in less than 30 minutes!
These are great for grouping all together or using one or a couple dispersed throughout the house. I’ve lined them up along my Halloween Mantel and then decided to place them on the table. They give any space a quick hint that Halloween is on its way, but not in that tacky way. Because we all know Halloween can get tacky real fast!
It seems like every time I’m at the Dollar Store, I just have to buy a couple of these tall glass candles. I love them for my patio and for creating quick and easy decor for the table. They are seriously one of the easiest items to embellish for instant decorating.
This time, I created a simple Halloween Table Centerpiece.
I have since moved them to the entry table and I may try them on the mantel. I love their simple look. They would also look great in a lantern on the porch.
DIY Halloween Candle Supplies
- Vellum Paper 8.5 x 11 – This is a frosty translucent paper you can find it at your local craft store.
- Spooky Images -Find them in the Printable Vault.
- White Washi-tape – Scotch tape or double-sided tape would work in a pinch.
- Tall glass candles
- Paper cutter
- knife for crafting
- Sheer Vellum Paper
- Decorative Tape, or Double Sticky Tape
- Halloween Images
- Jar Candles or Jars with a votive inside
- Ink-Jet Printer
- Craft Knife
- Paper Trimmer
- Gather your supplies.
- Load printer with the special paper - of course, you can use regular printer paper, but it won't have the sheer frosty look.
- Print images.
- To measure, wrap around jar and mark where paper should be trimmed. Trim accordingly. You only want about 1/4 inch overlapping onto itself. I used washi-tape, but realized this only made it harder.
- After trimming, lay the paper flat with the image facing up. Place a piece of double-sided tape along one side and then place it on the jar. Wrap the paper around and attach it to the tape.
How to Use Spooky Halloween Candles
Obviously I use them for easy and quick DIY Halloween decorations! So many great ways to decorate with them for that extra holiday touch.
- Table Decor – Create a centerpiece with a few or just place one on a side table.
- Lanterns – Place one each in a lantern to be used inside or outside. This would be a great way to use them outside on your Halloween porch.
- Line the walkway – place lanterns up the walkway.
- Halloween Mantel Decor – combine with a few small pumpkins or just by themselves will be perfect.
Spooky Halloween Images for Crafting
Who’s ready to decorate for Halloween?