Simple DIY Halloween Decor Ideas for easy printable Halloween wall art is my favorite budget-friendly holiday decorating tip. Choose between the crow or the owl posters, or have both printed up. They can be found in The Printable Vault that is free for Subscribers.
DIY Halloween Decor Ideas
I’m all about DIY home decor no matter the event, holiday or season. One of my best and favorite decorating tips the past couple of years is designing a poster and having it printed off at my local staples.
- Halloween Graphics - you can find them in my Shop.
- Poster Frame or Magnetic Poster Frame - I have been using the 18x24 inch size.
- Download your image onto your device. I always download them onto my computer.
- If you want a poster size, then head to Staples. Choose their Signs, Banner & Posters category, then on the left sidebar, choose Posters. Choose to upload your own design. I always print 18x24 on their heavy-duty poster paper. I have a full tutorial on how to order a poster size here.
- Now that you have your DIY Halloween Wall Art, it's time to hang it. Use a regular frame or a magnetic frame like I've used. They are easy to use and swap out posters. I also like simple poster frames that are a bit more traditional.
You can print smaller sizes to be used however you choose. These are for personal use only.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Make DIY Halloween Decor
Decorating for Halloween doesn’t have to be expensive or store-bought. Keep it budget-friendly as well as fitting in with your style by making your own holiday decor.
- Halloween Printables – Printables make is so easy to create your own Halloween Decor. You can make framed wall art, even if you print at home using a smaller size. I have a lot of free Halloween printables in the Printable Vault that can be for multiple uses.
- Nature – I use old twigs and branches to throw together a table centerpiece, use in outdoor planters, or hang as I did for this Halloween vignette.
- Pumpkins – I use a mixture of real and faux. I have a few no-carve pumpkins that I decoupaged insect printables onto and I’ve used them year after year. See how to make No-Carve Halloween Pumpkins here.
- Halloween Candles – These two DIY Halloween Decor Ideas are so simple! And they always turn out great! Check out how to make these image transfer Halloween Candles and also these spooky wrapped candles.
- DIY Halloween Pillows – Iron-on Transfer paper can transform a pillow cover into inexpensive, custom holiday decor in minutes! See how I make these Iron-On Fall Pillows.
Oversized Printable Wall Art for Halloween
I made two designs you can download for making your own poster-sized Halloween wall art.
A creepy black crow or raven on a simple white background, which I think is so dramatic and easy to combine with dollar store crows for a full theme.
Or the Owl which is equally Halloween chic.
Both of these are the perfect addition to your Halloween decor.