Printable Wall Art is a budget-friendly way to decorate your home. Download and print custom designs, or public domain art prints in any size at home or at your local print shop like Staples.
Printable Wall Art
Making my own DIY printable wall art is my decorating on a budget secret weapon. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to have interesting and stylish wall art. A few pieces I’ve made that help my home style look more original rather than something seen in Hobby Lobby or Target.
- DIY Botanical Wall Art
- Drop Cloth Hanging Wall Art
- Printable Thanksgiving Wall Art
- See more printable art in my shop
How to Print Wall Art
It seems overwhelming at first, but it’s pretty simple when you know what you need. If you’re printing at home, here’s the list of items to have on hand.
- Inkjet Printer – I own the Canon TS9521C Crafter’s printer. It has many great features (like paper loading options so cardstock doesn’t get stuck) that are great for crafters and the colors are great. I first learned about this amazing printer from Amber with Damask Love. But I also own just a good ole all-in-one printer too.
- White Cardstock – I like a bright white for the best color contrast.
- Paper Trimmer
Printing Wall Art at Home
- Download the image you want to print.
- Open the image on your device and choose the print option. Choose the size if you’re wanting to print smaller than the regular letter size. If you have a paper setting, make sure to set the paper setting to cardstock.
- Load the paper and hit print.
- Trim paper if needed and place it in your frame, on a clipboard or use a tabletop easel.
How to Print Larger Wall Art
I have a full tutorial on how to print larger wall art here. I upload the file to either Walgreens or Staples and then choose the size I need. I like using heavy-duty poster paper from Staples the best. I usually keep it simple and use a magnetic hanging poster frame, since most of my printable wall art is seasonal.
Print on white cardstock.
Gather your frame and printed image.
Trim to fit whatever frame you're using. I used an 8x10 frame with a 5x7 mat insert.
Line it up behind the mat. Tape the top and bottom with painter's tape or washi tape so it doesn't slip.
Assemble the rest of your frame and enjoy.
Use this printable for making large or small home decor. This LOVE design is great for decorating for Valentine's Day, but can be used all year for colorful and bold wall decor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.