I’m always looking for simple No-Carve Creative Pumpkin Decorating Ideas that make decorating for fall and Halloween easier. I usually just decorate for fall while throwing in a few hints of Halloween.
Subtle Halloween decoration is much more my style, especially if it has a vintage flair like these decoupaged bug pumpkins.
I think you’re going to like these free printable beetles for a fun creepy Halloween decoration! Keep reading for your free download.
Creative Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
While looking for something in my craft room, I came across these no-carve mod podge pumpkins I crafted last year. I guess I forgot to share them. It was a little busy around here with having new wood flooring installed. I also made decoupaged bug candy boxes which turned out SO cute! I’ll be sharing those soon too!
Putting together my fall porch, I was trying to think of simple and creative pumpkin decorating ideas that would put a pop of Halloween but wouldn’t require me to completely redecorate my fall porch for Thanksgiving. These decoupaged no-carve pumpkins were the perfect addition. I’m so happy I came across them!
Decorating with creepy insects is a scary as I get. Did you see my easy DIY Beetle Pillow I shared this week? It goes perfectly with these beetle pumpkins. I think I’ve created a theme!
How to Make No-Carve Decoupaged Pumpkins
- Foam Faux Pumpkin
- Insect Image – I’m giving you these free printables, but any image you like will work.
- Mat Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Print out your images and hand cut using craft scissors.
- Gather your Mod Podge supplies.
- Decide where you want to place your insect on your faux pumpkin. Slather that area with mod podge.
- Place your image over the wet material.
- Now paint over the image with more mod podge.
- It’s going to look sloppy and not very cute. But remember, it dries clear.
If you’re going to use them mostly for outside, you may want to spray with a sealer or use a decoupage formula for the outdoors.
More Easy Halloween Ideas