When you combine refrigerated biscuits, eggs, cheese, and sausage you end up with easy to make breakfast ideas like these Egg Biscuit Cups that are fluffy and delicious. High protein and perfect for breakfast on the go.
Egg Biscuit Cups with Sausage and Cheese
I wanted to call them cheesy egg biscuit bottom muffins because the bottom starts with fluffy biscuit dough and is my favorite part! Anything to do with egg bites is so popular right now. Any egg muffin cup, similar to my Hashbrown Ham & Egg Cups is an instant favorite. This recipe is so versatile, allowing you to make them spicy like I’ve written or swap out ingredients for a more mild result.
You get a satisfying breakfast with all your favorite flavors all in one bite. Eat on the go, or at the table. They’re great for busy mornings, back to school, or as part of a brunch.
Ingredients for Egg Breakfast Cups
- refrigerated biscuits – I know some will gasp at the thought of using a tube of biscuits, but you can’t beat the convenience for recipes like this or my breakfast casserole.
- sausage – or any breakfast meat. I used spicy to give it a kick.
- cheese – I used pepper jack and a Mexican blend but a mixture of your favorite varieties would be great.
- half & half for whipping cream
- green peppers & onions – As you can see, there are none in my photos. If you’ve been a faithful reader of TCL, you’ll know that I despise peppers and onions.
Make the recipe to suit your taste by using your favorite cheeses, breakfast meats, and spices.
How Do You Make Egg Biscuit Cups?
This egg cup recipe can be made in a muffin tin or in a baking pan or ovenproof skillet. You want to start out by cutting your biscuits into quarters and place into the tin.
Fry up your sausage and beat the eggs. Add together.
Once you’ve mixed your egg mixture together, just pour over the biscuits, filling the muffin cups at least halfway, topping with cheese and bake!
Print off the recipe below for more details.
- 1 package (12 oz) bulk chorizo or spicy pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded pepper Jack or Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can (16.3 oz) refrigerator biscuits
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Choose your options by using any breakfast meat, cheeses and seasonings.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 219Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 187mgSodium 281mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 13g
We do our best to calculate, however, nutrition information may not be accurate.