It’s that time of year to make my Slow Roasted Tomatoes recipe! I have used this recipe for any kind of tomato. This year I have an abundance of yellow cherry tomatoes and there is no way I’m wasting that delicious sweet ball of sunshine!
Yes! You can roast whole cherry tomatoes!
Slow Roasted Tomatoes
My recipe is simple with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and a touch of brown sugar.
You can use any of your favorite spices. You really can’t go wrong!
We love growing our own tomatoes and sometimes can’t keep up with the small golden delicious variety. Some years we can harvest over 500 regular size tomatoes, which is when I’ll make my slow cooker tomato sauce and lots of my 5 min salsa.
Making BLTs or my Puff Pastry Tomato Pesto Tart are also seasonal favorites.
Making Slow Roasted Tomatoes are another way to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Use them in spaghetti sauce, pasta and soup recipes, or smear on a buttered hot garlic bread!
Is your mouth watering yet?
How to Roast Tomatoes
- Tomatoes - Any kind
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Slice your larger tomatoes in half or quarters, depending on size.
- Place in a large plastic ziploc baggy.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons Olive Oil into the bag and seal.
- Gently turn the bag end to end. This will throughly coat the tomatoes with the oil.
- Prep a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly pour tomatoes in the baking sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle with your seasonings.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 min.
- Turn down the oven heat to 200 degrees and roast for 2 hours.
These slow roasted tomatoes also make the best slow roasted tomato bruschetta. But if you’re feeling lazy, just smear across garlic toast and enjoy!