With back to school approaching and the holidays looming, my mind shifts into “quick snacks and appetizers” mode. These Turkey and White Cheddar Pinwheels are perfect for both!
Turkey and White Cheddar Pinwheels
I am not the kind of person that spends a lot of time in the kitchen creating the perfect meal. Just like my DIY projects, I like quick and simple recipes that pack a punch. I need ideas I can keep on hand and have ready in minutes. I think a lot of you are just like me, right?
I am partnering up with Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey to share one of my all-time favorite quick recipes.
Turkey & White Cheddar Pinwheels will steal your heart! Not only is this recipe quick, but it’s SO darn tasty and I think it looks kind of fancy.
I haven’t made these since my son was little, but was so tickled when I remembered them for a recent event.
Pinwheels of any kind are great for little hands. I like using either puff pastry, or pizza dough. Both are delicious.
Now that I have a house full of teens, it’s nice to have something to feed them that is not processed. I try to keep our refrigerator stocked with healthy options like the Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey, so I can make a stack of sandwiches if needed, or something a little more creative like the pinwheels. I swear, if you make something a little out of the ordinary, they will gobble it up even faster!
Below is the recipe for the pinwheels, but first, I want to tell you about this great contest. Foster Farms is holding the Don’t Call Me Basic sandwich contest to find the most creative turkey sandwich. The grand prize winner will receive their choice of a luxury weekend getaway for two to the gorgeous Napa Valley or $4,000 cash. You’re even eligible to win prizes from their weekly random drawings just by entering!
Here are the simple steps to enter:
- Create a turkey sandwich using Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey lunchmeat and other creative ingredients of your choosing.
- Post a photo of your sandwich to Instagram. In the caption, include the list of ingredients and tag @FosterFarms and #DontCallMeBasic. Make sure your profile is public!
Entries can also be emailed to email@example.com.
The grand prize includes a two-night stay for two at a Napa Valley luxury hotel, travel to/from and a gourmet picnic lunch ($4,000 value) or $4,000 cash. Random weekly drawings are being held every Friday to give all participants a chance to win, so get your entry in now!
Prizes for the weekly drawings include high-end panini presses or gourmet picnic basket sets. The contest will last the month of August (National Sandwich Month) and is open to all U.S. residents over the age of 18.
Sandwich concoctions will be selected and judged by a panel of culinary and food industry professionals, who will identify five recipe finalists. The grand prize winner will be selected from the finalists by a panel of five food and lifestyle blogger judges. The winner will be announced in early September.
For more details on the contest and the official Rules & Regulations, visit www.fosterfarms.com/dontcallmebasic.pdf.
With the turkey being so versatile, you can pretty much combine it with any ingredient for a meal or snack. It’s fantastic if you chop it up and add it to your morning scrambled eggs, or a grilled turkey and cheese, sliced for a delicious salad and of course appetizers.
Besides a sandwich….. what are your favorite ways to use turkey?
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 6 slices of Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey
- 7 or 8 slices of white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Follow instructions on the puff pastry box for thawing out one sheet.
- Place puff pastry on top of a slightly floured cutting board. Using your rolling pin, roll out to create a larger rectangle.
- Place sliced white cheddar cheese on top of the puff pastry, covering as much as you can. I ended up breaking slices in two to fill in the edges.
- Lay the turkey slices on top of the cheese. Overlapping where needed.
- Carefully roll the puff pastry into a long roll.
- Slice into pinwheels with a sharp knife.
- Arrange onto your baking sheet and bake for 15 min at 400°
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey.