With back to school approaching and the holidays looming, my mind shifts into “quick snacks and appetizers” mode. These Turkey and White Cheddar Pinwheels are perfect for both! They kind of remind me of my Meat and Cheese Sliders. Both recipes are great for easy appetizer ideas.
Turkey and White Cheddar Pinwheels
I am not the kind of person that spends a lot of time in the kitchen creating the perfect meal. Just like my DIY projects, I like quick and simple recipes that pack a punch. I need ideas I can keep on hand and have ready in minutes. I think a lot of you are just like me, right?
I am partnering up with Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey to share one of my all-time favorite quick recipes.
Turkey and White Cheddar Pinwheels Recipe Video
Turkey & White Cheddar Pinwheels will steal your heart! Not only is this recipe quick, but it’s SO darn tasty and I think it looks kind of fancy.
Easy to Make Party Appetizers
I haven’t made these since my son was little, but was so tickled when I remembered them for a recent event.
Pinwheels of any kind are great for little hands. I like using either puff pastry or pizza dough. Both are delicious.
Now that I have a house full of teens, it’s nice to have something to feed them that is not processed. I try to keep our refrigerator stocked with healthy options like sliced turkey, so I can make a stack of sandwiches if needed, or something a little more creative like the pinwheels. I swear, if you make something a little out of the ordinary, they will gobble it up even faster!
I like finding versatile lunch meat products high in protein that you can pretty much combine it with any ingredient for a meal or snack. It’s fantastic if you chop it up and add it to your morning scrambled eggs, or a grilled turkey and cheese, sliced for a delicious salad and of course appetizers.
Besides a sandwich….. what are your favorite ways to use turkey?
How to Make Turkey and White Cheddar Pinwheels
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 6 slices of Sliced Turkey
- 7 or 8 slices of white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Follow instructions on the puff pastry box for thawing out one sheet.
- Place puff pastry on top of a floured cutting board. Using your rolling pin, roll out to create a larger rectangle.
- Place sliced white cheddar cheese on top of the puff pastry, covering as much as you can. I ended up breaking slices in two to fill in the edges.
- Lay the turkey slices on top of the cheese. Overlapping where needed.
- Carefully roll the puff pastry into a long roll.
- Slice into pinwheels with a sharp knife.
- Arrange onto your baking sheet and bake for 15 min at 400°
More Party Food Ideas
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms.