My favorite thing to eat at Olive Garden are the breadsticks, salad and Pasta Fagioli Soup. My recipe for Copy Cat Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli Soup is just as delicious and it’s easy to make! Homemade goodness full of beans, veggies, and pasta, it reminds me a little of a good Minestrone soup too! I even have a recipe for homemade garlic butter breadsticks to complete the experience.
Copy Cat Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli Soup
This soup comes from one of my all-time favorite Slow Cooker Cookbook authors, Stephanie ODea. Her recipes are family-friendly and always delicious! I own all her books and use them often.
- Make it Fast, Cook it Slow
- More Make it Fast, Cook it Slow
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- 365 Slow Cooker Suppers
- Holiday Slow Cooker | Recipes 100 Incredible and Festive Recipes for Every Celebration. (not pictured)
How to make Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef - browned and drained of excess fat. (I used ground turkey)
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14.5 oz cans) diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1 (16.5 oz) jar pasta sauce
- 4 cups beef broth ( I used chicken)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup dry pasta (she used brown rice fusilli, I used regular and way too much!)
- Parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Put the cooked meat into the stoneware.
- Add the chopped carrots, onion and celery. add the beans, tomatoes, and pasta sauce.
- Pour in the beef broth.
- Season with salt, black pepper, oregano, and Tabasco sauce.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours. when the vegetables are tender, stir in 1/2 cup of dry pasta.
- Cover and cook for another hour on low, or until the pasta is al dente. It will swell quite a bit. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe can also be made on the stovetop.
I use my dutch oven.
Follow as directed, but saute veggies with the meat, then add your other ingredients.
GLUTEN-FREE- Use Brown Rice Fusilli instead of pasta.
VEGETARIAN - Eliminate the ground beef. Use a plant-based meat substitute if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 2 cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 295Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 51mgSodium 985mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 6gSugar 8gProtein 25g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.
Can you Make Pasta Fagioli Soup on the Stove Top?
Slow cooker copy cat Pasta Fagioli soup is a favorite in our house. I’ve been known to make it on the stovetop when I didn’t get around to putting it in the slow cooker earlier.
I will saute the garlic, onion, and veggies with the meat, then add in the other ingredients to simmer. I add the pasta near the end. I always put in more pasta than her recipe calls for, so be prepared that your leftovers may resemble a casserole more than soup. The pasta tends to swell even more when stored overnight.
Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli Soup
This copy cat slow cooker Pasta Fagioli soup recipe can be easily converted to a no-meat soup. Just eliminate the ground beef or turkey and the beef broth using vegetable stock and a soy-based meat substitute if desired. It’s just as delicious and satisfying.
Gluten Free Pasta e Fagioli Soup
To make this meal gluten-free, replace the pasta with Brown Rice Fusilli. Because this recipe also uses a jar of marinara sauce, check the label for gluten products.
Can You Freeze Copy Cat Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli Soup?
Freezing meals or leftovers is a great way to save money, and have supper available quickly with less work. You can free this soup recipe in an airtight container. I’ve used freezer Ziploc bags, mason jars, or plastic freezer containers. When freezing in a container, always leave an inch before placing on the lid.