This easy-to-make DIY Paper Bag Easter Basket made from a paper lunch sacks is quick and budget-friendly. Use for Easter holiday decor or kids crafts. Also, if you’re short on time and supplies and you need an Easter basket now, this is the Easter craft for you!
DIY Paper Bag Easter Basket
There are several ways you can make paper Easter baskets, this is just one of them. You can use any size or color paper bag, depending on your needs. I used regular size lunch sacks to make the ones below and is definitely one of the easiest to make. If you’re looking for something a bit more durable, you’ll love the one my friend Lia Griffith made an Easter basket using a grocery bag. The weaved paper even looks like a wicker basket. And I also love this more whimsical bunny ears Easter basket also made from a paper bag.
In my craft stash, I had a packet of small paper bags and they make the cutest smaller baskets that would be perfect for Easter table decor or place settings.
I think they turned out so cute! Write the name with a colorful marker and fill them up with decorative eggs like my decoupaged designed eggs, or with whatever you’d like. You can also decorate with stickers, stamps, or images.
- Paper Bags - Any size.
- Adhesive: Glue dots, glue stick.
- Additional Embellishments to decorate your basket.
- Paper Easter Grass and Fillers
- Craft Scissors
- Shape Craft Scissors (optional)
- Gather Supplies:
- Cut bag an inch from the center seam on both sides.
- Use shaped scissors if you'd like.
- Trip the long strip for the handle length you want for your basket.
- Add adhesive. I used glue dots and added 2. Glue the ends together.
- Fill with Easter grass and whatever you'd like.
- Use small bags to create creative place settings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
WILLBOND 50 Pack Fabric Daisies Flower for Easter Bonnet Craft Decorations, Artificial White Craft Fake Flowers, 5 cm Diameter
Glue Dots Removable Dot N' Go Dispenser
Fabric Pinking Shears Craft Scissors，Serrated Scalloped stainless Steel Handled Professional Sewing black Scissors, Scissors for Leather, Tailoring, Paper Crafts Hand shears etc. (Scalloped18mm)
50 ct Brown Paper Lunch Bag Self Standing Flat Bottom
How to Decorate with Paper Lunch Bag Easter Baskets
Decorating with paper Easter baskets makes it budget-friendly with easy supplies. Here are a few ideas:
- Mantel Decor – Use a small size in pastel colors to create a row of them across the mantel. Fill with paper Easter grass and faux eggs. My gold leaf eggs would be perfect to add to these.
- Easter Luminaries – Place a small flameless battery-operated votive inside the paper basket. Make several to line a path, on top of a table, or in a window. You could even be really creative and place the votive inside a plastic egg for glowing eggs.
- Easter Table Centerpiece – Place a small jar inside the paper bag basket and fill it with flowers. Line three up down the center of your table and you’ve got yourself a quick and creative Easter centerpiece.