Rattlesnake Bite Hot Dog Appetizers are Halloween Food made easy.
When my son was small, I was always trying to think of something fun to make for Halloween dinner that wasn’t difficult to manage and something he would enjoy! Halloween Food before trick or treating is always more festive! Mummy dogs were always a favorite for both of us, so I know he would have LOVED Halloween food that looked like a snake! I would have never thought of this, had I not been invited to participate in this sponsored campaign by Lunch Box.
Rattlesnake Bite Hot Dog Appetizers – EASY Halloween Food
I know what you’re thinking…… You may be thinking that your little one won’t go for the Jalapeno hot dogs and you may be right, so it’s completely OK to swap them out for regular. It will still turn out fantastic. I love the Jalapeno variety for older kids and adults.
There are SO many Halloween food ideas on the Kraft Halloween Survival Guide. From Halloween Mummy Spinach Dip to MMMMonster Jigglers. See all the Halloween Food Recipes ideas here.
How to Make Rattlesnake Bite Hot Dog Appetizers
You’ll need just 2 ingredients with a couple extra small items for garnishing the eyes and tongue. Scroll down for a printable recipe.
After you separate the biscuits and cut into quarters, you’ll want to cut the hot dogs into bite size pieces. This is a great recipe to get the kids involved.
Take your biscuit pieces and wrap around each hot dog piece.
I think it’s easier to arrange on your baking sheet-like the Rattlesnake that it is, but you could bake them in a different formation and arrange later on your platter once they are baked.
Grab a couple of green olives to use for the eyes and a slice of red pepper for the tongue and you’ve got yourself the perfect Halloween food appetizer!
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Jalapeño Dogs
- 1 can (16.3 oz.) large refrigerated flaky biscuits (8 biscuits)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- PAT hot dogs dry with paper towel. Separate biscuits. Cut each hot dog and biscuit into quarters; press biscuits to flatten slightly.
- PLACE 1 hot dog piece on center of each biscuit piece; bring 2 opposite corners of biscuit over hot dog, then press points together to seal.
- ARRANGE 16 wrapped hot dog pieces in "s" shape on baking sheet to resemble snake, leaving no spaces between pieces. Repeat on second baking sheet with remaining wrapped hot dog pieces.
- BAKE 15 min. or until golden brown.