Payday Candy Bars have been one of my favorite treats since I was a child. These Easy to Make Payday Peanut Squares reminded me of them, so that’s what I named them! No bake sweet treats that involve peanuts or peanut butter are always my favorite. These also remind me a little of my homemade peanut butter fudge, a wonderful tradition started by my dad.
Payday Peanut Squares Recipe
This payday peanut squares recipe is a great holiday treat and is all made on the stove top. These would make great neighbor gifts. Just put them in a paper candy box with one of my printable Christmas tags and you’re set! Creamy smooth with a crunch is delicious anytime of year though.
- Candy Boxes – Here is my affiliate link for a variety that has great prices when you buy more than 10 at a time.
- Free Printable Holiday Gift Tags
I have used honey roasted peanuts before, but this time I chose just roasted or blistered peanuts because they were right in front of me and I couldn’t find the honey roasted. That’s how I roll sometimes.
- 4 cups roasted or honey roasted peanuts
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
- 1 package mini marshmallows (10-12oz )
- 1 package peanut butter chips (10oz)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking dish foil.
- Coat foil with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the peanuts on the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium to large saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, marshmallows, peanut butter chips, butter and peanut butter.
- Cook over medium heat until melted and smooth. Stir often to avoid scorching the bottom of the pan.
- Pour into your prepared dish over the peanuts.
- Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining peanuts over the smooth mixture and press down. I used parchment paper between my hands and the peanuts.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Lift foil out of the pan. Sometimes I flip it over onto parchment paper, then remove the foil.
- Cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
Believe it or not, I’ll choose a peanut butter treat over chocolate any day!