A peanut butter brownie recipe made with a cake mix… what more could you want?! These cake mix brownies are quick and easy to make, and they are SO delicious!
If it’s a peanut butter dessert, I am sure to love it. When it is easy to make, I’ll love it even more! Try this Peanut Butter Brownies with Fudge Frosting recipe too!
Can I turn a box cake mix into brownies?
Oh yes, you definitely can turn a box cake mix into brownies! Cake mix brownies are probably one of the easiest ways to make a quick but impressive dessert.
I love shortcuts in cooking or baking and if I can use any type of box mix, I’m doing it! I love making a cake from scratch too, like my Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake, but I use box mixes for less mess!
What desserts can you make with cake mix?
Besides the peanut butter brownie recipe, here are other desserts you can make with cake mix:
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Cinnamon Quick Bread
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake
- Cake Mix Cookies 12 Ways
Cake mixes aren’t just for cakes. They can be used to make so many other things. My sister bought me this recipe book, 101 Things to Do with a Cake Mix and it’s fun to flip through to see what looks tasty or interesting.
Cake Mix Brownies
Cake mix brownies don’t last long enough in our house, but if they did, I’d serve them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and maybe a little chocolate sauce drizzled over the top. Sound good? You can also add a little whipped topping.
Or just eat them by themselves, because they are delicious any way you choose.
How to Make Peanut Butter Brownies from a Cake Mix
- Cake Mix Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (or chocolate)
- 1/2 cup peanuts or walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Using a hand held or Kitchen Aid Mixer, mix the cake mix, eggs and oil. Add and mix peanut butter. Stir in your nuts and chips. The mixture is thick!
- Pat the batter into a 9 x 9 inch pan. 9 x 13 can also be used if you want them a little thinner.
- Bake 14-17 minutes at 350° or until golden brown like in the photo. These need to sit for at least 20 minutes after cooking since they are soft and gooey. Cut yourself a piece and enjoy!