Crock Pot soup recipes like this Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup are always a hit in our home!
Using a slow cooker always makes dinner easy! I have SO many soup recipes all right here on Today’s Creative Life. Some for the crock pot and some for the stove top. They’re all good! If you don’t own a slow cooker, here’s one for only $39! Use my affiliate, you really must get one. You will never regret owning one…. or two. They even have the new WiFi Crockpots that be controlled from work!
Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup Recipe
Soups are always a great way to use up any veggies or meat and after you make a few, you’ll probably be able to just wing it with whatever you have on hand.
If I didn’t plan ahead of time for using the slow cooker, I can sometimes have a soup ready within 30 minutes. If I’ve got chicken broth, diced tomatoes, dried tortellini, beans and some spices, I can work wonders!
During the school year, our evenings are pretty choppy. Our son has soccer practice a couple of times a week, he’s now working 3 evenings a week and then you add my schedule and my husbands and we’re coming and going at all times. It’s nice to have a meal that is easy to scoop up anytime after 4pm. This Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup will be a welcomed meal for sure!
Crock Pot Soups
The nice thing about using your slow cooker, is that you can use the cheaper cuts of meat. I also use a lot of ground turkey or beef. My husband prefers the steak cubes, but I’m good with either.
I don’t always add the corn, but I have been lately. I don’t know what it is, but I don’t like to mix my corn into other foods. But I’m starting to grow up. And never underestimate the use of canned soup for a quick base. The cheddar cheese soup or cream of chicken soup will be your best friend.
Serve with crusty bread, corn muffins… maybe even add a salad and you have yourself a no stress meal!
- 1 lb Beef (choose an inexpensive cut. The slow cooker will make it very tender)
- 1 can Enchilada Sauce, 28oz
- 2 C Beef Broth
- 1 can Black beans
- 1 can Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can Corn
- 2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 C Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 – 2 tsp Dried chili flakes ** Optional
- 1. In the slow cooker bowl, combine the beef, sauce, beans, corn, oregano and chili flakes. In a separate bowl, combine the cheese soup and the beef broth and whisk until smooth. Add to the beef mixture.
- 2. Cook on low for 6 – 7 hours.
- 3. 10 minutes before serving, sprinkle in the cheese and stir well. Let the cheese melt in the soup and then it’s ready to serve.
- 4. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and some corn chips.