If you like warm and gooey desserts, then this Slow Cooker Strawberry Dump Cake is YOUR dessert! Just in time for Slow Cooker Sunday!
It not only has the sweetness of a delicious strawberry, but I’ve added a little tang by adding pineapple. I know! You wouldn’t think that strawberries and pineapple would be a great combo at first, but it is! Sweet and Tangy!
Slow Cooker Strawberry Dump Cake with Pineapple
Since this was a last minute decision to make a slow cooker dessert, I was afraid I wouldn’t have all the ingredients. I had a can of strawberry pie filling, but I only had a can of pineapple chunks, not crushed. I’m sure I could have just used the chunks as is, but I was quick to remedy this problem by using my magic bullet to turn the pineapple chunks into crushed pineapple. Gosh I love that thing! Within 10 seconds, I had what I needed!
The great thing about this dessert, is that you’re completely satisfied after one small serving. At least I was, which isn’t normal and I didn’t even add vanilla ice cream. I need to start to remember to keep some vanilla ice cream in the freezer for dessert moments like this….. well, maybe I don’t. (especially since I’ve learned that my doc reads my blog and she’s always after me for my blood sugars) 🙂
I am in love with Slow cooker desserts and dump cakes! They can make a baker out of anyone!
Here are a few of my favorites!
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Funfetti Lava Cake
- Crock Pot Vanilla Butterscotch Pudding Cake
- Slow Cooker Blackberry Cobbler
- Hot Fudge Peanut Butter Chip Brownie Cake….. the list goes on.
I love that I can throw it together in the slow cooker when I start dinner, and by the time I’m snuggling up on the couch with my husband for a movie, dessert is ready! I use a 6 quart Crock pot, so if you have smaller one, you’ll probably have to cook it a little longer.
My husband got me the most adorable little cups for Mother’s Day and they were perfect for serving just the right amount of dump cake. I’ll have to share them on my facebook page or instagram. One has a little pig, one has a goat and one has a cow! Love them!
- 1 (21 oz) can Strawberry Pie Filling
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed Pineapple
- 1 yellow cake mix box
- ½ cup (one cube) butter, melted
- I didn't grease the inside of my slow cooker and it was fine, but it probably wouldn't hurt to give a quick once over with cooking spray.
- Add your strawberry pie filling and the pineapple. Stir
- Sprinkle cake mix on top of the fruit mixture and press down a little
- Pour melted butter over the top of the cake mix, covering as much as you can.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- When the edges turn golden, you're ready to go.
- I use a 6 quart slow cooker. If you're using a smaller one, you'll probably have to cook it a little longer.
The beauty of dump cakes, is that you can use any flavoring you want. Mix and match your fruits or cake mix flavors. Cherry pie filling is fantastic with chocolate cake mix! My friend Stephanie from A Year of Slow Cooking is always one of my go to sources and she has a delicious Dump Cake recipe. I have all her Slow Cooking recipe books and they are perfect for gluten free and family favorites!
I think my next one will be a lemon one with white cake mix.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
For more Slow Cooker recipes, follow me on my Crock pot and Slow Cooker Pinterest Board.
This post contains affiliate links on products you may need for this recipe. This costs you nothing extra.