Now that September is over, it’s OK to get into the Halloween Spirit! I’m not usually very timely with my Halloween Decorating, but I did manage to make a few of these fun and easy Halloween Terrariums.
DIY Halloween Decorations
These DIY Halloween decorations are so simple! And jar terrariums are so popular and perfect for any holiday. No fancy supplies needed! I used a few different sized jars for variety. I then shopped my back yard for twigs, seed pods, rocks, etc. I also picked up a few Halloween novelty items from the craft store.
This is the perfect craft to get the kids involved, especially for little ones. No scissors or glue needed……..keeping the risk of injury or risk of glue in the hair down.
- Canning Jars or Recycled Jars – a couple sizes make it more interesting, but the large jars are easier to manipulate.
- twigs, rocks, moss, seed pods or leaves from the yard
- Halloween novelty items (you probably already have some from last year)
- florist foam – I used florist foam to stick my seed pods into with the skull. I also used it for the twig the crow is on
- Spanish Moss- I picked up a bag of this at the craft store, although you could use leaves, dirt, rocks etc.
Once you gather your items, start building your scene on the upside down lid. Slide the lid into the jar and twist on the lid ring…….and you are DONE! If you’re using an old jar like a mayo jar…….you’ll have one solid lid…….not the 2 part lids that a canning jars has.
You now have a festive holiday table centerpiece or mantel decoration! I like it because it’s still somewhat stylish. It doesn’t scream “tacky” like so many other Halloween decorations………or at least the ones my husband and son put up every year outside.