I am NOT one to rush Summer, but I was recently emailed by NY Family Magazine asking for a Fall recipe or craft. Of course I instantly thought of the most wonderful dump cake I make.
Pumpkin Crunch Dump Cake
Pumpkin Crunch Dump Cake is a staple in our home in the Fall. I searched my site and couldn’t find when I had recently shared this wonderful recipe with you…….then I remembered that I was a guest post over at Southern Fairytale.
My neighbor Joy introduced me to this Pumpkin Crunch Dump Cake a few years ago and it’s just as yummy every year I make it. It’s the perfect dessert to take to a potluck or offer as a gift. I make it every Fall for my neighborhood bunco. If you like Pumpkin Pie, then you’ll love this easy to make cake! You can’t get any easier than a dump cake.
Pumpkin Crunch Dump Cake Recipe
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Approximate Time: 50 minutesIngredients:
- 1 can pumpkin puree (regular size, not huge)
- 1 can evaporated milk (regular size 12oz?)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 Cup chopped nuts ( I used pecans)
- 1 Cup butter or margarine – meltedoptional
- whipped cream
- Lightly grease 9×13 baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together: Pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Mix well. I use a mixer, but you could use a wooden spoon.
- Pour into prepared pan
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the mixture. Pat down and spread nuts evenly. Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake 50-60 min.
- Top with whipped cream when serving…..if wanted. I prefer mine plain.