Pumpkin Crunch Cake is one of our favorite fall recipes! I recently doctored it up a bit and now it’s Pumpkin Crunch Cake with Chocolate Chips.
Pumpkin Crunch Cake with Chocolate Chips Recipe
I first tasted this a few years ago when my neighbor Joy served it for our bunco dessert. I thought I’d died and gone to heaven! She gave me the recipe and I’ve been making it ever since. I even posted this pumpkin dump cake on Today’s Creative Life… when I wasn’t so good at taking photos. I’m still learning, but I have made some improvement.
If you love pumpkin pie, then you’ll LOVE this dessert too!
I recently made it for Game Day this past Saturday when the Ducks were playing. My in laws were here, as well as my husbands brother. Both my husband and his brother are U of O Alumni, so we made it an event. I made up my Game Day Taco Salad, my Game Day Sliders and then I realized I didn’t plan dessert. How in the world could I forget the most important dish? Pumpkin Crunch Cake with Chocolate Chips was going to be PERFECT!
Since this is super easy to make, I threw it together the morning before everyone arrived. I did have to whip up my own pumpkin pie spice, which I’ll be sharing soon. How I ran out, I’ll never know.
The house smelled amazing. It was a hit and my son had thirds.
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree (regular size, not huge)
- 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- 1 cup butter or margarine – melted
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Whipped Cream for the topping
- Lightly grease 9×13 baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together: Pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Mix well. I use a mixer, but you could use a wooden spoon.
- Pour into prepared pan
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the mixture.
- Pat down and spread nuts and chocolate chips evenly.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake 50-60 min.
- Top with whipped cream when serving…..if wanted. I prefer mine plain.
If you make this, please leave a comment letting me know what you think!
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread – Today’s Creative Life
- Crockpot Pumpkin Butter – Today’s Creative Life
- Pumpkin Crusted French Toast – Today’s Creative Life
- Pumpkin donuts – Girl Inspired