If you’re having a 4th of July celebration, then you HAVE to make this simple 4th of July Drink with Pop Rocks!
It’s your basic Cape Codder cocktail, but with a POP! I’ve rimmed it with red pop rocks!
Any and all things with Cape Cod involved screams America! Right?
4th of July Drink with Pop Rocks – Cape Codder Cocktail Recipe
Cocktails for the Fourth of July
Hosting a BBQ or 4th of July party is so fun, but can be overwhelming. Even though I’m a creative blogger, I keep gatherings at my home pretty simple. Otherwise, I start to resemble a hungry 2 year old who hasn’t had her nap and no one needs to see that side of us, right?
If I keep the menu and decor simple by adding small holiday touches, everyone can enjoy the party.
As a friend of mine says, “People over Perfection”.
In the past, I’ve made my favorite Grapefruit Lime Margaritas for larger and smaller groups.
And let me tell you, I have learned my lesson to only offer them with smaller groups because of the time involved in making each blender full. Much to labor intensive for the host. So unless you have a designated margarita maker, I’d stick with a more simple drink recipe like the Cap Codder Cocktail, and by all means…….if it’s a 4th of July BBQ, make the Cape Codder into a 4th of July Pop Rocks Drink!
Just pour four simple ingredients and you’re done! You could even make up a pitcher I suppose for larger groups or even have a self serve bar.
This red drink will match all your 4th of July decorations. Speaking of which…… if you’re looking for a super simple, super cute way to add some Red, White and Blue decor, you have to make my Colored Rice Patriotic Candles!
OK, back to the Pop Rocks cocktail!
A typical Cape Codder is served in a larger glass, but I’m breaking the rules.
And I don’t really measure either, I just pour. Save or print the recipe!
- Cranberry Juice
- Fresh squeezed lime juice
- Club soda
- In a taller glass, I'd use a full shot glass of Vodka. Many would use a full shot glass of Vodka in the small glass like I've shown here. You be the judge.
- If you're rimming your glass with the Pop Rocks, pour a couple of packages of Pop Rocks into a bowl. Wet the rim of your glass with the wedge of a lime, then dip and roll into the Pp Rocks.
- Fill your glass with crushed ice
- Add Vodka - I used a little over half a shot glass in the smaller glass
- Squeeze the half of one lime over the ice and vodka
- Add Cranberry juice, leaving about an inch from the top
- Top with club soda
- Garnish with a slice of lime or a mint leaf.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 16mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 0gSugar 20gProtein 1g