I have shared many a French Toast Recipe here on TCL. Some are made in my slow cooker, some with coffee creamer, some with fruit and some without.
One thing that I have found for the best French Toast Recipe is the bread that you use.
French Toast Recipe
The thicker the better. I like using the sliced french bread you can find right in the bread section of your local grocery store.
Stale bread also makes a great bread for any French Toast Recipe because it tends to really soak up the egg mixture the most.
I think you’ll like the variety in each French toast recipe, for each one has something a little different.
- Individual Overnight Baked French Toast – This one is great for when you need to prep ahead since it can be made up a day before.
- Pumpkin Crusted French Toast – When you feel the crisp fall air, it’s time to pull out the pumpkin puree! Use my homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice for this one too.
- Cinnamon Toast French Toast Casserole – This is great for a crowd and can be made up the night before.
- Slow Cooker French Toast with Creamer – This will remind you the best bread pudding you’ve ever tasted.
- Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole – I used regular bread for this, but it’s so much better with the thicker slices!
- Crockpot French Toast – This only takes about 4 hours, so if you put it in while you head to the soccer game or church, it’s waiting for you when you come home.
- Coffee Creamer French Toast – This allows you to easily add seasonal flavors.
- 4 eggs (we’re a family of 3)
- ½ cup Cinnabon International Delight Creamer (approx). Any flavor creamer can be used.
- Dash of Cinnamon ( I have also used a blend of pumpkin pie spices)
- Thick sliced French bread
- ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
- Mix eggs, creamer and cinnamon with a wire whip until blended. Pour into a shallow baking pan. I use one of my 8x8 inch Pyrex baking pans. Dip bread in mixture coating both sides. Place on preheated griddle until golden on each side.