I have shared many a French Toast Recipe here on TCL. Every household should have a basic recipe for French Toast, but also a couple specialty ones for holidays or long weekends. I’ve got French Toast recipes made in my slow cooker, some with coffee creamer, some with fruit and some without.
FRENCH TOAST RECIPE IDEAS
I think you’ll like the variety in each French toast recipe, for each one has something a little different.
- Individual Overnight Baked French Toast – This one is great for when you need to prep ahead since it can be made up a day before.
- Pumpkin Crusted French Toast – When you feel the crisp fall air, it’s time to pull out the pumpkin puree! Use my homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice for this one too.
- Cinnamon Toast French Toast Casserole – This is great for a crowd and can be made up the night before.
- Slow Cooker French Toast with Creamer – This will remind you of the best bread pudding you’ve ever tasted.
- Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole – I used regular bread for this, but it’s so much better with the thicker slices!
- Crockpot French Toast – This only takes about 4 hours, so if you put it in while you head to the soccer game or church, it’s waiting for you when you come home.
- Coffee Creamer French Toast – This allows you to easily add seasonal flavors.
- Seasonal Eggnog French Toast Recipe – Ok, so I’m sharing 8. Consider it a bonus recipe!
WHAT KIND OF BREAD IS BEST FOR MAKING FRENCH TOAST
One thing that I have found for the best French Toast Recipe is the bread that you use.
The thicker the better. Stale bread also makes a great bread for any French Toast Recipe because it tends to really soak up the egg mixture the most.
- Pre-Sliced French Bread from the bread aisle.
- Leftover sliced French Bread loaf.
- Sliced Croissant
- Raisin Cinnamon Bread
- 4 eggs (we’re a family of 3)
- 1/2 cup Cinnabon International Delight Creamer (approx). Any flavor creamer can be used.
- Dash of Cinnamon ( I have also used a blend of pumpkin pie spices)
- Thick sliced French bread
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Mix eggs, creamer and cinnamon with a wire whip until blended. Pour into a shallow baking pan. I use one of my 8x8 inch Pyrex baking pans. Dip bread in mixture coating both sides. Place on preheated griddle until golden on each side.