Dig out your old punch letter label maker and make Budget-friendly Christmas Decor with Candles! Punch out holiday word labels and stick them to candles, ornaments, gift wrap or even holiday cards. This DIY Christmas decorating idea gives a minimal or scandinavian feel to your holiday decor.
Budget-Friendly Christmas Decor with Candles
I like to create new holiday decor with what I have. DIY Christmas decorating using past holiday decor and incorporating a few DIY ideas to make something look new with a new spin is one of my favorite ways to decorate my home. Make it budget-friendly and I’m tickled pink. Store-bought is great, but adding your own touch brings out your personality.
How to Make Christmas Candle Decor
This Christmas candle idea is so simple but adds so much extra holiday charm. It’s all in the details when creating a warm holiday home. Use this idea with flameless candles, glass jar candles, tapers, and more. Use your imagination.
DIY Christmas Decorating
DIY Christmas decorating is as easy as using a punch letter label maker with candles.
- Candles - You can use pillar candles or even candles in votives and jars.
- Gather your Supplies: Label Maker and candles.
- Punch the words you want to use.
- Peel the adhesive backing off and place it on your candle.
- Decorate as you wish.
Please be mindful when burning candles. Keep children and flammable items away. Remove the label when the candle burns too low.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
DIY Christmas Decorating Ideas
Not all DIY Christmas decorating ideas are budget-friendly, but most here on Today’s Creative Life are.
I don’t like to spend a lot of money on decor items that I’m only using a few weeks a year. I do have a few items that I absolutely love and know I’ll be using them for years to come, but I still keep budget in mind.
Here are a few of my favorites that take little skill or time to make, but make a big impact.
- Gingerbread Star Garland – this was so easy and fun to make. I’ve used it for 2 years so far and it looks so cute. But if I get tired of it in the next few years, I won’t have to feel bad or wasteful to pass it on or recycle.
- DIY Snowflake Pillow – I always have extra pillow covers around and I also had these wool pom poms. So dang cute! It’s great for winter decor too.
- Dried Orange Slices – This classic is making a comeback! I have reused them for 3 years now. You can make a garland, use on gift wrap, hang on the tree, add to a cedar garland, or even a wreath.
- DIY Cedar Cranberry Luminaries – These have been featured all over the internet and even in a magazine. This goes to show that the simplest ideas are often the best. You literally place cedar (or any greens) in a jar of water, add a few cranberries and float a small votive on top. It’s gorgeous!
Home Decorating for Christmas
Every year I say I’m not going to overdo my holiday decorating. This year I almost made that promise because I brought out all my holiday pillows and throws, my large Santa print, and some candles. The tree was already up and the house looked pretty much decorated. I realized I hadn’t even opened one Christmas tote from under the house yet. Less is more sometimes.
I did end up opening the totes because we wanted to decorate the tree, but I’m happy to say I didn’t use all the home-decorating stuff. My secret is always adding live cedar garland, lots of fairy lights, candles, and holiday pillows and throws.
Here’s to keeping it simple and thinking outside the box. I hope you use my punch letter labels for Christmas decor with candles.
DIY Holiday Decor
Easy DIY ideas for creating your own Christmas decor.
DIY Holiday Pillows with Cricut
Easy to make Christmas pillows using iron-on vinyl and a pillow cover.
How to Make White Clay Christmas Ornaments
Homemade white clay ornaments are fun and easy to make for holiday decorating.
DIY Dried Orange Slices
Drying oranges is a holiday classic. How to make Dried Oranges in the oven for holiday decor, potpourri and gift wrapping.
DIY Holiday Banner - Free Printable
Free Printable Merry Christmas paper tag banner adds quick DIY holiday decor.
How to Make a DIY Snowflake Pillow
Easy to make felted wool ball pom-pom winter pillow cover.
How to Make Gingerbread House Ornaments
Easy to Make Holiday Ornaments using chip board or cardboard
How to Make Cedar Cranberry Luminaries
Easy to make Christmas luminaries with cedar and cranberries.
How to Make a DIY Paper House
Use your Cricut Cutting Machine to make holiday snow topped paper houses.
Leave a Reply