This Christmas DIY Joy to the World printable garland project is one of the first ones I posted on Today’s Creative Life. Just goes to show how far we’ve come with posting tutorials! Free Christmas printables make it so easy to decorate on a budget!
I am happy to say that not only do I still use this banner year after year, but I’ve also gotten much better at my photography and instructions! I have a whole Christmas DIY category for you to look through with so many great ideas for gifts, decorating and printables! See Today’s Creative Life’s Christmas Category here.
Christmas DIY Holiday Garland
This Joy To The World Christmas DIY printable will make the cutest holiday pennant banner for my hutch! My free printable gals at SissyPrint have been busy making all kinds of stuff. These are the same gals that made my other free DIY Christmas Printable.
How to Make a Christmas DIY Banner
First, grab yourself a cup of your favorite holiday drink and gather your supplies.
You’ll find these Christmas printables in the password protected Printable Vault. TCL subscribers have free access to all the printables located in the vault. Subscribe Here.
Affiliate links for products listed are for your convenience only. This costs you nothing extra. If you happen to purchase anything as a result of clicking, TCL will receive a small percentage. Thank you for your support. This allows me to continue to offer you free content.
- Old Book, dictionary or book text scrapbook paper – Of course you can use any type of paper for your background.
- Ink Jet Printer – I’ve owned this $49 printer and it was GREAT! I now have an ecotank which requires no ink cartridges. I haven’t had to replace ink for over a year!
- Paper Hole Punch
- Craft Scissors – fine tips work best for this project.
- Printable Letters
- Adhesive – the Xyron is what I use. It makes anything a sticker. I own this one and the Creative Station that has more abilities. Other options are a tape runner or a craft glue pen.
- After you’ve downloaded Christmas printable letters, open the file on your computer and print.
- Trim each letter.
- Cut your background paper to the size needed. I tore the pages right out of a small dictionary which is about 4 x 7in.
- Trim the bottom each background page for a notched look.
- Punch two holes at the top of each piece.
- Apply adhesive to the letters and place on each piece.
- Thread the ribbon through and hang!
I store my Christmas DIY holiday banner in a file folder with my Christmas decor to use year after year.
Click to find them in The Vault
See More Christmas Printables
Thank you! Printing right now- can’t wait!
I’m trying and trying to get this to print and it just won’t play along! Would you be willing to e-mail it to me? I really LOVE this for over our world map this season!!
BTW, I live near Aberdeen in the great Pacific Northwest as well 🙂
I updated the file, but I also sent you the printables via email.
These printables are awesome.
Thanks for these.
So cute! May I feature this at Printable Decor?
Vivienne @ The V Spot says
Thanks for these printables!
Thanks for sharing! This is perfect for our front hallway, maybe printed on music sheets or printable canvas with a little ribbon sewn (ok, glued) on…or just glued and glittered. 🙂