My crockpot was in overdrive this week. Not only did I make these crockpot cheese bacon potatoes, but I made up another slow cooker full of my Crockpot Cafe Rio Chicken as well as Crockpot French Toast. It’s quickly becoming a staple in this house, the chicken, not the French toast. So nice for salads and burritos throughout the week. It’s certainly saved my bacon……..speaking of bacon!
Crockpot Cheese Bacon Potatoes
I thought I’d make a potato dish this week when my husband also planned on making something meaty from the BBQ. He’s your typical meat and potatoes kind of guy. I picked up some golden mini potatoes and threw them in the crockpot……..with a few other delicious items. I think the next time I make this crockpot cheese bacon potato dish, I’ll omit the butter. Combined with the cheese and the bacon, they were a bit greasy. Not that they weren’t good, because they were, but I think they would have been just as good without the extra grease. I ended up using onion flakes when I discovered that I didn’t have any green onions. I think the green onions added during the last hour would give it a nice flavor and color.
I’m also eager to try a few instant pot recipes, like this Corn Chowder with Bacon soup! Bacon makes everything better!
- 8 strips of cooked bacon - crispy works best.
- ½ cup green onions or 3 tablespoons onion flakes
- Mini potatoes - Red or Yellow - enough to fill your crock half way.
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray the inside of your crock with cooking spray
- Cut your potatoes in half and crumble your cooked bacon
- Layer all your ingredients into your crock and repeat layers until you run out of ingredients.
- If you'd like, add a few more green onions upon serving for a nice color pop!
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
Easy Slow Cooker Recipes