My crockpot was in over drive this week. Not only did I make these crockpot cheese bacon potatoes, but I made up another crock full of my Crockpot Cafe Rio Chicken as well as Crockpot French Toast. It’s quickly becoming a staple in this house, the chicken, not the French toast. So nice for salads and burritos throughout the week. It’s certainly saved my bacon……..speaking of bacon! I thought I’d make a potato dish this week when my husband also planned on making something meaty from the BBQ. He’s your typical meat and potatoes kind of guy. I picked up some golden mini potatoes and threw them in the crockpot……..with a few other delicious items. I think the next time I make them, I’ll omit the butter. Combined with the cheese and the bacon, they were a bit greasy. Not that they weren’t good, because they were, but I think they would have been just as good without the extra grease. I ended up using onion flakes when I discovered that I didn’t have any green onions. I think the green onions added during the last hour would give it a nice flavor and color.
- 8 strips of cooked bacon - crispy works best.
- ½ cup green onions or 3 tablespoons onion flakes
- Mini potatoes - Red or Yellow - enough to fill your crock half way.
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray the inside of your crock with cooking spray
- Cut your potatoes in half and crumble your cooked bacon
- Layer all your ingredients into your crock and repeat layers until you run out of ingredients.
- If you'd like, add a few more green onions upon serving for a nice color pop!
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
Looking for more Slow Cooker recipes?
- Slow Cooker French Toast
- Crockpot Mac & Cheese
- Crockpot Cafe Rio Shredded Chicken
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Crockpot Blackberry Cobbler
- Crockpot Peanut Butter Cup Cake
The Winner of the Silhouette Portrait will be announced Sunday morning as soon as I get out of bed and have my first cup of joe. Silhouette discounts are good through April 26th. Deadline to enter is this evening! Head on over.