I am all about the bugs this year! As long as they’re just vintage images I can decoupage for this DIY Halloween Treat Box and not REAL, I’m good! DIY Halloween Decor is the way to go!
DIY Halloween Treat Box
I found these completed boxes with my no-carve decoupaged Vintage Insect Pumpkins, both projects I created last year and just never got around to posting them. I obviously tucked them away for this year and I’m so glad I found them.
I was given a bulk supply of these Chinese takeout boxes a few years ago and they really do come in handy for so many things. They are great for my yearly Thanksgiving Leftover’s Station, Halloween Craft Ideas, and Holiday Neighbor Gifts.
I figured I’d be able to create all kinds of things with them and also share a free download of each image.
I hadn’t planned on having a Bug and Beetle theme for Halloween. Heck, I hardly even decorate for Halloween, but here I am with the most adorable decorations.
DIY Halloween Craft Idea
Supplies for Halloween Treat Boxes
- Food Takeout Boxes
- Free printable images – you can use any images that fit your style.
- Mod Podge – I used the gloss formula since my boxes were also shiny. It also comes in a matte finish.
- Foam Brush
- Craft Scissors
See full printable tutorial below.
Aren’t those cute?
Make up a DIY Halloween Treat Box for all of your favorite trick or treat kids! You will become the favorite neighbor on the block! Not even people handing out kingsize candy bars can compete.
- Vintage Insect Images - Or use anything that inspires you.
- Take-out Boxes
- Mod Podge Matte - or any decoupage medium
- Craft Scissors
- Craft Foam Brush
- Download and print the beetle image on regular printer paper. This image can be found in The Printable Vault where all printables are free for subscribers.
- Trim image - you can use any Halloween image that inspires you. You're not committed to the ones I offer.
- Slather Mod Podge on the box where you will be placing your image.
- Place the bug on the Mod Podge and gently press it into place.
- Apply another coat of Mod Podge over the top of the bug.
- Allow to dry completely before using.
Fill the boxes with a little gift-wrapping tissue and candy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.