It’s that time of year when I start all the crafts for Halloween and figure out my Halloween Door Decor. This year, I wanted to make a Halloween wreath with crows. There are so many great DIY Halloween wreath ideas and I was inspired to use one of my dollar store crows to create a vintage-looking DIY Halloween decor that would go well with a few other homemade Halloween decorations I’ve created.
Halloween Door Decor
I don’t do a lot of decorating for Halloween anymore, but when I do, I like it to be stylish. So many decorations for Halloween are so dang tacky! Making my own holiday decor and crafts for Halloween allows me to create whatever is inspiring me. I love ravens and crows for Halloween and was inspired to make a crow’s nest wreath this year.
It goes nicely with my Printable Crow Wall Art I made a couple of years ago. You can get your own Crows Wall Art here. If you don’t like ravens, I also have a great printable owl. Handmade or homemade Halloween crafts and decor make the holiday more fun.
- Embroidery Hoop or any Wreath Form. (I used a 14 inch hoop)
- Faux or real twigs and plants - I used faux. Any rustic natural element would be great.
- Crow - mine is from the dollar store.
- Super moss
- Ribbon - I couldn't decide between the green or stripe. I already had both and did not include in cost.
- Glue Gun & glue sticks
- Gather all your supplies. Even though I shared the exact items I used to create this wreath, there is a lot of wiggle room to use a different variety of items. Use my project to inspire your own.
- I started out by gluing the plastic pampas grass to each side of my embroidery hoop. I picked up one long stem and cut it into smaller stems. It's much less expensive this way. I did the same with the black twigs.
- Add the twigs.
- Carefully glue the crow to the middle between the twigs and grass.
- Fill in under the crow by gluing in clumps of moss. You can use a twig nest or raffia instead.
- Add a ribbon and hang!
Use this idea as inspiration! Grapevine wreaths work great for this project. Use other Halloween elements instead of the crow if you'd like. Any dried foliage from your yard can be incorporated. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Door Decor for Halloween
Making a wreath to add seasonal decor is one of the easiest ways to decorate quickly for any holiday. I’ve made a few wreaths for fall or Halloween that I still use every year.
One of my favorite Halloween crafts I made for door decor for Halloween was when I used a ceiling medallion, a printable eye and black glitter spray paint. You can see that Halloween wreath here. I also have a round-up of several Halloween wreath ideas here. This Crows Nest Wreath can be hung indoors or out.
I’d keep it out of the elements though. If you’re hanging inside, hang it in front of a mirror, on a wall, or even on another piece of furniture. I think it looks great with my Swedish clock.
Halloween Porch Ideas
Door decor for Halloween goes right along with decorating your porch for Halloween. I’m teamed up with a few of my talented blogger friends to give you all a few great ideas! All the links are provided below.
A Blue Nest | Creating a Natural and Spooky Halloween Porch
The Tattered Pew | How to Transform Your Yard into a Whimsical Halloween Wonderland on a Budget
Tatertots and Jello | DIY Pottery Barn-Inspired Witch Hats for a Spooktacular Halloween Porch
Zevy Joy | Nature Inspired Halloween Front Door Decor
Modern Glam Home | Scary Chic Halloween Front Porch
Hallstrom Home | Spooky Halloween Porch
Lolly Jane | Halloween Porch Decor Ideas
My Sweet Savannah | Halloween decor on our deck + DIY art
Today’s Creative Life | Crow’s Nest Wreath